Keg handles coming off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager_brewer

Face down on the floor
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 5 gal keg like most of you do and the plastic handle is coming off on one side. Will whis keg no longer seal? I am not sure if the handles are just ther for convience or what anyone know? Thank you so much for the info.

EB

handles won't effect the keg sealing or not....handles are on the outside of the actual vessel part i guess you could say. Try using some heavy duty glue to glue it back on....i used gorilla glue and it seemed to have worked..

handles won't effect the keg sealing or not....handles are on the outside of the actual vessel part i guess you could say. Try using some heavy duty glue to glue it back on....i used gorilla glue and it seemed to have worked..

+1 Accurate advice. The Gorilla glues works very well for re-attaching the handle, but be sure to follow the instructions. You must spray some water on the surfaces to be glued. The water is needed to activate the glue. It may or may not work without the water, but for best results, wet the surfaces slightly. This is something that is frequently overlooked.

Back