Babble Brew Off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I entered online, but still have the bottles. But today I actually brought them in to work for shipping. The receiving location is in IL, so I think I have plenty of time to get them there.

Now I need to go out and find a box and a bag and I'm all set.

It's pretty local to me so I figured why not put a couple in. Apparently I forgot some information on one of my labels and the Organizer called me and sent an email asking for the info. That seemed like a pretty cool thing to do. I entered a couple of brews that I don't think are fully carbed yet (prime carbing), so hopefully they're sitting in a warm place.

I sent my bottles out, but after work I realized that I forgot to send the entry payment with it! D'oh!

So now to go home and send out a check...

Hophead- I sent a wheat that will only be 26 days old when they judge...I put one in the fridge when he emailed me to let me know they got them, then on the 27th I'll pop it and see how it looks.

Homer-

I tossed a couple of entries in... nothing I expect to win with, but I'm anxious to get more feedback to improve them. Hopefully they will get the scores out by the end of the weekend!

Official results are up....these guys are fast!

3rd in Light Hybrid, cant wait to get the notes back on my Pale and IPA.

They must have a lot of great cider makers up there... I entered an applewine that won gold across Category 28 in UMMO a month ago, and it didn't even place in this one. I really want to try some of those ciders! :)

Tight operation, I wish I could have made it up there in person...

They must have a lot of great cider makers up there... I entered an applewine that won gold across Category 28 in UMMO a month ago, and it didn't even place in this one. I really want to try some of those ciders! :)

Well, I got a third in the Cider category, but honestly I couldn't stand the taste, just not my thing I guess. I'd won a second place with it previously, but not a single one of my friends has finished a glass of the stuff. Although it's judging by the guidelines, it's still such a subjective thing.

Overall, two third places, wish I didn' have to work that day, looks like a lot of fun.

Big Cheers for the BABBLE crew for putting together such a good event and getting the info back to us!!!!:ban::mug::rockin:

Well, I got a 3rd in Cider but only got scored at 28 points, so apparently they didn't think much of any of us cider folks there. Got my notes back and it was good feedback for improvement.

Well, I got a 3rd in Cider but only got scored at 28 points, so apparently they didn't think much of any of us cider folks there. Got my notes back and it was good feedback for improvement.

Yeah, good feedback here as well... I got oxidation, cardboard, and no apple flavor across the board from both judges. Yikes. What on earth would have caused that in a month's time, the last guys didn't even mention it... I'm going to have to be sure to use oxygen trapping caps on the next next applewine I bottle...

I have no idea what you are talking about..... but I certainly bow to your brewing greatness.

Our very own Mr. Dragon got a 1st. I wont say which category because he enjoys his anonymity. A 1st at the HBT comp, and now a 1st at the Babble Brew Off. Must be that Beer Gun making all the difference! ;) Keep up the good brewin' son!

Ok, so I took a look at the "official results" and now suddenly I see that I took first place in the American Brown category?? Am I dreaming??

Wow, I got home yesterday and found my scoresheets and my ribbon and prize! The feedback on the scoresheets was very good. Thanks guys! I've had some poorly written feedback before, but you guys were succinct and accurate IMO. Good job.

Back