A new Beer machine idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
Having 3 TAD dispensers it occured to me that I could use one in a simular manner to the beer machine.
I guess I cannot help myself, so I intend to make 6 liters worth of wort and apply the dispenser. Without soda chargers. The pressure should build up. The regulators will give at 60 psi according to the specs. I can test and gas off C02 easily enough. The beer machine manufacture quote 10 days but I would think the beer to be a bit green. Maybe 3 weeks.

The idea is the pressure build up will dispense the beer. I am already testing a balloon for a pouch to use the Tap A Draft party Pig style.

I am even trying to ferment a small quantity of beer in the balloon at the time of closure to act like a pouch. Using the build up of C02 in the ballon to expand as the air space increases.

I did try Acetic acid and Bicarb but I need a delay. I tried to be carefull but they mixed before I could get them in the bottle and the ballon expanded. Thinking of using dry componants and a gelletine incased ball of water. The water disolves the gelletine and hey presto. It would have 3 weeks to disolve. So far sanitised balloons do not seem to cause problems in beer and the acid bicarb mix seems to blow them up. Time will tell.

Obviously these tests will be made using water as the dispersant. Not going to waste my beer.

What! I am retired, time on my hands. Does not matter if it works. I will still have beer in bottles and on tap.

My ideas usually have a 50% success rate. Although some turn out a mite impractical

Some interesting ideas...

For your delay with vinegar/baking soda, you could buy some capsules meant to hold medicine. You can buy them empty at health food stores, or just buy some cheap medicine with gellcaps, (many herbal supplements are dry powders inside gelcaps). Separate a few gelcaps, pour out stuff in them, pour in bicarb, and close back up. then, toss a few into the vinegar, seal the bag, and toss it in your keg. The gelcaps will take a few minutes easy to dissolve.

Some interesting ideas...

For your delay with vinegar/baking soda, you could buy some capsules meant to hold medicine. You can buy them empty at health food stores, or just buy some cheap medicine with gellcaps, (many herbal supplements are dry powders inside gelcaps). Separate a few gelcaps, pour out stuff in them, pour in bicarb, and close back up. then, toss a few into the vinegar, seal the bag, and toss it in your keg. The gelcaps will take a few minutes easy to dissolve.

You can buy these empty too...they come in two pieces...the gelatin may even help clear the beer...best of luck.

I will investigate that, great idea. Trouble is things like that are not readily available. There are strict laws here, Gun laws, Fireworks, Distilation, Even the 8grm soda chargers are not available in supermarkets.

The balloon or bladder used needs investigating for durability. Thanks for those positive comments. Although I will hope the Vinegar/Bicarb does not mix in the beer.

I will investigate that, great idea. Trouble is things like that are not readily available. There are strict laws here, Gun laws, Fireworks, Distilation, Even the 8grm soda chargers are not available in supermarkets.

The balloon or bladder used needs investigating for durability. Thanks for those positive comments. Although I will hope the Vinegar/Bicarb does not mix in the beer.

A quick search for "gelatin capsules empty australia 000" turned up this....I'm sure there are others possibly cheaper:
http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/empty-gelatine-capsules-size-000-x-100

size 000 is the biggest, I think, about the size of a very large vitamin pill.

Edit: I was right....I went to ebay.com.au and searched "gelatin capsules 000".....50 caps for AU$10, 300 caps for AU$20:

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&...elatin+capsules+000&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Thanks! checking it out now.

Wow! what a choice I will order some. Silly me never thought of Ebay.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back