Oster Fridge Nightmare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jif it seems to me that you are saying that you used the light bulb circuit to power the fan. I am wondering if the fridge has a safety circuit that looks to see if that circuit is closed and "thinks" that the door is open.

Maybe, but that seems overly sophisticated for a $200 minifridge. I've seen $1500 high end side by sides have that, but never in anything less. I think you're overestimating the amount of engineering Oster put in to this product.

@ Inferno: Yeah I've heard some less than stellar things myself, but now that it's up and running again things seem to be going well with it. We'll just see if it lasts, I suppose. There's a number of guys on this forum who've had good luck with them, so only time will tell.

Maybe, but that seems overly sophisticated for a $200 minifridge. I've seen $1500 high end side by sides have that, but never in anything less. I think you're overestimating the amount of engineering Oster put in to this product.

@ Inferno: Yeah I've heard some less than stellar things myself, but now that it's up and running again things seem to be going well with it. We'll just see if it lasts, I suppose. There's a number of guys on this forum who've had good luck with them, so only time will tell.

I Hope everything Does Work out for ya!!!!!!!!!! It's Sickening just to hear when someone's Frothiness Dispensers Go Down!

Back