Thinking of starting soda...tap question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patthebrewer

Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a soda on tap in my kegerator, but I don't want to have to make it a perm soda line (I only have three taps). I read (through another post here) that root beer will permantly destroy my keg, line, and tap, or at least make it unsuitable for anything else with out a complete overhaul:(. Is there ANY soda that I could do, that I would be able to, with a simple cleaning, put back to use as a beer line:confused:. Or am I just better off dispense carbed water, and flavoring with syrup in the glass. Or should I just get soda in the cans.

From what I've read, though I haven't tried it yet, you would be better off just carbing the water and mixing in the glass. At least that way, everyone can have the flavor soda they want, and you won't be losing anything due to the flavor of the soda in the keg/line.

I actually could donate a sixtel sankey, that way I only have limited rubber to replace. I might try that:)

Yeah...I don't think I'd risk the Perlicks. I'm thinking a cheap picnic tap, and a lenght of line.

Back