Ahtanum/Amarillo/Nelson Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally- I just tapped my first AG Brew of this recipe!! Everyone loves it. Good color w/ a nice fresh peach/Sauvignon nose. I keg conditioned so its clear w/ a great carb level.
It won't last long!!

rossi - what category did you enter this into for your competition? I brought it to my HBC last night and let a few judges try it. Everyone really liked the flavor and had never heard of Nelson hops, but could not distiguish what type of beer it was. I told them my best guess would be an American Pale Ale, but it doesn't taste like other APA's.

Chris7687 said:
rossi - what category did you enter this into for your competition? I brought it to my HBC last night and let a few judges try it. Everyone really liked the flavor and had never heard of Nelson hops, but could not distiguish what type of beer it was. I told them my best guess would be an American Pale Ale, but it doesn't taste like other APA's.

I entered into specialty but was told that it would have probably done well in the APA category too.

Brewed this again almost 3 weeks ago. Got it in the kegs tonight. Carbed up a sample, tasted great. 2013 New Zealand are on there way so have to use up my 2012 hops. Will make another batch as soon as I get my new hops.

Brewed up a five gallon batch if this today. Never used the NS hops so I am curious to try them. Missed the notes about FWH, but it should still be fine.

Latest posts

Back