Keggle fitting atop the Cooker Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsccw

Reaction score
So I just got a used Bayou Classic SP10 High Pressure 14" Dia. Outdoor Propane Gas Cooker (Seen in the picture below)

And I was worried about the flat base on the cooker and the Keg that I have (Soon to be Keggle) and how it would fit on the cooker with the rounded Keg bottom. And just as I thought, the 3 triangle pieces that jet out in the middle of the cooker base do not allow the Keg to lay flat and the outside of the keg is just a bit wider than the circular base of the cooker.

So I wonder if I just cut off the 3 triangle pieces that jet out in the middle that it would allow the Keggle set proper and comfortable on top.

Has anyone ran into this scenario with this set up? Any advise either way?

Thanks in advance.

$(KGrHqYOKosE6e)f2NK-BO)89b1RNQ~~60_57.jpg

If you remove those three "triangles", the first time you put a loaded keggle on that stand it'll fold up like a cheap suit...

Yeah, I thought about that too.

Surly this issue has come up before.

I wonder if folks just put some sort of brackets on the bottom of the Keggle to make it flat?

Could you add brackets to the outer ring for edge of the keggle to sit on?

That's certainly an option I suppose. That would maybe elevate the surface area of the burner just enough to compensate for the Keggle roundness to clear.

I had a similar problem with a burner once. I cut up an old bed frame and made a rectangular frame that sat over the top of the burner. Worked great! If I was to it again though wouldnt use bedrame steel, that stuff is a mother to drill through.

I have the same burner and I bought a circle grill grate from lowest and put it on top of the burner and my giggle fits fine.

A long and wide rectangular grill grate does the trick. Wow, I was totally over thinking it.

Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back