• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Looking for a couple empty White Labs vials...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thatjonguy

Now with 57.93% more awesome!
Reaction score
Found some from another member.

I will keep those preforms in mind in the future if I need a lot of them!

Just some food for thought. The White labs vials would work, and certainly fit the theme, but they are fairly thick plastic, and would be a bit slow responding to temperature changes. I use a small glass container that Trader Joes spices come in. I don't know that it will make a huge difference in the long run, but I thought the glass would be better at reacting to temp changes than the thick plastic of the White Labs vial.

White Labs gives you stuff with the vials as proof of purchase :D

eg, 10 vials gets you a free vial of yeast.

These things can be bought cheaply from many different sources.

You may or may not be aware of this, but ever wonder why these "vials" use the same caps as soda bottles? It's because they ARE soda bottles - or more precisely, soda bottle pre-forms. Companies buy them like this, and then they get heated up and have air blown into them to expand the pre-forms into full-sized bottles.

You may or may not be aware of this, but ever wonder why these "vials" use the same caps as soda bottles? It's because they ARE soda bottles - or more precisely, soda bottle pre-forms. Companies buy them like this, and then they get heated up and have air blown into them to expand the pre-forms into full-sized bottles.

No sh*t? Neat! Learn something new everyday...

I'm using them for my temperature controller probes to prevent short cycling the compressor on my keezer. I use 16ml glass vials for my yeast bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back