Check out my new RIMS system!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polecreek

Reaction score
Used for first time on Sunday, worked great.

IMG_0047.jpg

That reflectix is going to last you maybe two batches if you light that burner.

No disrespect Bobby, I am sure you are right. It seemed like a good idea at the time but it really doesnt need the insulation anyways. I had seen others with this,:confused: so I tried it.

I think we need a break down of the bells and whistles to fully appreciate it. But yeah, your sculpture could be a centerfold in my nudey magazine any day ;).

I want to see your box...

I want a close up of the control panel... you have three burners and A LOT of switches, that thing have hydro? Pimp my rig!

I will show you my box if you show me yours WINK

DSCN0979.JPG

DSCN0986.JPG

DSCN0990.JPG

Heres the outside of control box, I need to take some pictures of everything when I get a chance.Master switch is in series with power so it kills everything. Pump master has to be on turn on either pump or both pumps. I did master pump switch to simutanuosly shut down both pumps with one switch. Rims heater has its own switch so I dont accidently burn out the element on a dry run. The inside is an picture that needs a million words. It is wired 240 volts but only running on one leg at 120. I did this in case I wanted to run the 4500wattuld element 240. It runs at 1125 watts and seems very adequate right now at heating the wort especially when I fire off the mash tun burner to speed things along.

IMG_0042.jpg

Wow...

My box is much smaller than yours. I bet mine is much tighter inside than yours.

Mine is 240VAC... 120VAC for the pump, HLT heater, temp controllers and HLT mixer. The 240VAC only runs to the BK element.

Maybe theres a big reason your box is smaller than mine. My box actually is a siemens regulator control Housing. It found a new home when the regulator got junked.

Back