Oklahoma City Craft Beer Festival 5/21/11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat_thru_marshall

Reaction score
Who's going?

Parking lot between Tapwerks and Americas Pub, over 100 beers for sample, every brewery in Oklahoma, and multiple food vendors.

Me and my wife are going to the early session. Cant wait!!

Coop, Mustang, Bricktown, Belle Isle, Coaches, Bavarian, Heuberts, Choc, and.... (I recall 2 more just can't think of the names. One in Tulsa and another in Mustang).

"100 beers for sample"

Methinks you misunderstood. That 100 beers doesn't describe a variety, it describe the cut-off limit. :D

I'd like to try more Choc and Mustang. I've tried both and I think both of the bottles were old. :(

Methinks you misunderstood. That 100 beers doesn't describe a variety, it describe the cut-off limit. :D

So I can drink 100 beers before they cut me off?

That seems like it'd be worth a $30 ticket!

Maybe we'll see some fellow HBTers there, several of us Red Earth Brewers (our brew club) will be in attendance.

So I can drink 100 beers before they cut me off?

That seems like it'd be worth a $30 ticket!

Maybe we'll see some fellow HBTers there, several of us Red Earth Brewers (our brew club) will be in attendance.

No, No, No.

They only have a 100 beers total that they'll pour samples off of.

The rest of the beers will be double charged.

Battered Boar and Marshall. Yup. I think that covers all of Oklahoma's brewers/breweries.

Battered Boar and Marshall. Yup. I think that covers all of Oklahoma's brewers/breweries.

I had a few English bitter style ales from Marshall last time I was in Tulsa. They were surprisingly good. I don't know what other beers they make, but if they're of the same caliber, they would be well worth seeking out.

I had a few English bitter style ales from Marshall last time I was in Tulsa. They were surprisingly good. I don't know what other beers they make, but if they're of the same caliber, they would be well worth seeking out.

Coop was respectable for a long while. Marshall has always been solid. Mustang and Batter Boar are good enough beers but, none of these really reach out and slap you around. They are all well brewed for sure but also very styled and border on boring.

The others, well, what can you expect from 3.2 cap breweries.

Of all of these, the SmokeStack series that was spawned off of Petes Place had some really interesting product of a widely varied range. But, those were polar opposites and big beers. Thus, highly enjoyable but easily tiresome and heavy.

Back