The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stepped out to my backyard forge and figured I'd give it a try. Didn't turn out that bad

IMG_20190127_181051.jpeg

The fire was so hot it melted one of the ends of the first pair I made this morning. I’d punched out the hole for the rivet, got the rivet hot then peened it over. Put the (now a pair of tongs instead of two pieces of metal) back into the fire to get the ends plastic so I could refine the ends into something functional. Ran inside it use the small room and came out to find that the fire had melted one of the jaws totally off.

IMG_2338.JPG

That’s freakin cool. I’m keeping that pair as a badge of learning coolness.

How many hammer strikes in that piece? A very long time ago I worked two shifts with an 18 y/o bipolar female that was just transferred to the adult female psych ward because she aged out of the children’s facility. She was a major PITA, testing the limits of her new environment, and behaving very manic. When I got home in the morning I didn’t even go in the house, just straight back to the wood pile and axe. Husband thought I flipped my lid. I said no, just had to work out some aggressiveness and stress.

Sitting here in any empty classroom for the past twenty minutes with three others. A janitor walks by and tells us “Sorry folks, they closed the college at four o’clock because of snow.”

Snow? What snow? It ain’t friggin’ snowing.

We’ve turned into a nation of Nancy’s.

How do you say that in Spanish? I might be able to tell you if this wasn’t Nancyville.

Yes, isn’t it great when they cancel school based on a forecast, and then the storm shifts and there isn’t much snow. It wouldn’t be so bad accept by the end of the year they’ve run out of snow days. Well I guess that’s better than kidcicles.

Wasn't it Revere or Reading that cancelled so many days of school that they were going deep into the summer time and had to cancel school all together because it was getting too hot and the building had no AC?

Everyone surviving the polar vortex? Seems to me in the past we have had colder weather, less of a deal was made of it.

Remember the Valentine's day massacre?(my term for it) , guess it was 4 or 5 years ago now, -7F here with gale force northerly wind, -9 at Logan. It was in the mid 50'sF just the day before.

I had some lovely groves of timber bamboo (P vivax, P n borida & henon, for all you botanists)killed to ground in that event, some with 50ft culms, never have been the same. Now the P bisseti is taking over, lol, as they say. Had customers asking what I did to their hydrangeas, 'cause they were all killed to ground as well as and amongst other things..

Back when I drove sander on contract for Mass Highway in the '90s, I remember it was below 10F for much of a week. Teach you to draw down yer air tanks at the end of each run, or else you had to thaw one way or another, to get brake function, and keep block heater on and batteries full if your going to get started when they call you at 2AM...which is when they usually called you, as you have to get the roads sanded before the school buses go out if there is ice or plowed snow.

Well, anyway, have a good evening, or whenever you read this...

I’m starting to think a wall might be a waste of money.

A seven mile wide moat can’t keep out ^^^^^

Your insults will get you nowhere, your dealing with a barnacle here. Still, kind of sad from someone whose world is inside 495, not as bad as Gaza,, but kind of limiting for sure.

OK, I got to ask, what would Hoppy be stalking called tb12?

If this is that medical lung thing.. no one would even want to be exposed to that strain, let alone stalk it.

Brewed a lager today, will call it a Vienna, I guess, as that malt made 25% of grain bill and no adjuncts today.

Was below freezing, not the coldest I've brewed, but not getting any younger, apparently. At least there was not snow all over everything, like many brew days last winter.

Developing an evil plan;).... I have two mechanicing shops, should convert the old one into a brewery/commercial kitchen.

But at least I do not have to mop up, one beauty of brewing over gravel. actually, not much spillage brewing, but doing the dishes is another matter.

Swifer wet mop does a fine job of getting the sticky spills off my kitchen floor, you could hose it down and squeegee the floor in the shop... or maybe just be a little neater. ;)

Back