Loose lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eelpout

Reaction score
Sick of my lids not sealing on my Ale pails. I got lids all over and none of them seems to seal tight any more.
I'm not worried about my beer going bad, I know nothing is gonna get in there.
But I miss that nice happy feeling you get when you look over and the airlock is chug chug chugging away.

just sayin

Sick of my lids not sealing on my Ale pails. I got lids all over and none of them seems to seal tight any more.
I'm not worried about my beer going bad, I know nothing is gonna get in there.
But I miss that nice happy feeling you get when you look over and the airlock is chug chug chugging away.

just sayin

That's why I don't use buckets.
Just sayin.

If you want to stay with buckets, use the True Brew bucket. They have a gasket in the lit and seal very well.

I've stopped using airlocks altogether, at least for any phase of fermentation that will produce 'bubbling.' I'm sick of them getting plugged up, of going dry, or whatever.

how much does one actually hold?
Do they handle full 5 gallon batches or do I need to cut down to 4 1/2?
How much headspace do you really need?

You would have to do this with Fermcaps as there would be very little headspace. As to how much exactly, I don't know as I have yet to purchase my kegging setup.

Back