Squirel problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard this may help. Sprinkle black pepper around flowerbeds and gardens. If it rains, be sure to re-pepper your garden.

A cage of chicken wire will keep squirrels from eating the sprouts. I tried crushed red pepper they ignored it and still chewed a few sprouts.

I'm with Bernie, shoot them.

If you are more of an animal lover you could always trap them. Dig a hole and open a can of green peas and place around the hole. When the squirrel comes for a pea, kick him in the hole.

get some Dachshunds. I have three. two of them love messing with them. they've killed one adult and two baby tree rats in the last month. they've all been dumb luck kills tho.

039.JPG

8724-4805Arrowhead120.jpg

8724-4805Arrowhead121.jpg

I have a dachshund but he doesn't patrol the front yard where my hop planter is!

But I do have a bottle of what is called hot pepper wax that I picked up in the Meijer plant section that seems to be working. Also some chicken wire around the planter. I did not do that for my first rhizome and and just as it started to sprout the squirels got it.

Back