Another day, another Speed-Brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
...and 85% efficiency, for f*ck's sake! I wasn't even planning on brewing---I anticipated having to nurse a homebrew hangover---but somehow I was fine this morning. Mashed in by 8am, cleaned up and done by 11:15. Crafted a new recipe for a special bitter with a little help from Ray Daniels. Got a ton of other stuff done while it was mashing and boiling too.

This is a sickness. Damn, batch #70 is coming up soon...I need to figure out something cool...

SWMBO said..."WE ARE OBSESSED WITH MAKING BOOZE"
this is after we had to move HER 6 gallons of wine into the bed Room because the kitchen counter is plum out of space.

Seriously though Evan. You are my inspiration!
You make beer, you take off early from work to brew, you brew on Sunday; What else? I can't wait to go All Grain so I can relate better to your stories.

Dude said:
Do you boil for 90 minutes?

Depends on the gravity. Larger strike and sparge vols for higher-grav batches require a longer boil to get down to 5.5g final vol. Today, I made a low-gravity English Ale, so I only boiled for 60m. I would have been done earlier, but my mash went like 25 minutes long because I had to cook eggs and have breakfast with the wife.

Gotta say, the new bayou classic burner is awesome. Keeps a rolling boil on a relatively low setting, and seems to be pretty efficient compared to the old walmart specials I was using. Everything went over without a hitch, too...that's what I get for brewing sober, I guess. I even remembered the irish moss...can't tell you how many times I forget the IM until like 5 mins before flameout because I'm 3 pints in...:D

Back