Just bottled the Weissen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkewedBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just bottled my HefeWeissen, I bottled about three gallons and left two in the secondary. I then threw a pound or so of blueberries (that I pasteurized) into the rest of the brew that was in the secondary. I can't wait to try the weissen this spring and I can't wait to bottle the blueberry wheat next week.

That second fermentation from the blueberries is to be expected, right? And, is the abv gonna go up because of this?

I didn't really see a question that could be answered, sorry.

BTW- it's weizen (wheat) or weisse (white) but not 'weissen'.

Um, I lived in Eching, Bavaria. It can be any of them, the -en just means its plural. And here's the question I asked:
"That second fermentation from the blueberries is to be expected, right? And, is the abv gonna go up because of this?"

since you are adding more sugar with the berries, you should expect additional fermentation and an increse in ABV (although, it might only be a small amount.)

-walker

Sorry, didn't realize that was a question - thought was more of a rhetorical thing.

When I lived in Prussia (Berlin) I would have been laughed at and quickly corrected if I had referred to a beer type in the plural sense.

Must be a Bavarian thing.

when I lived in germany (Stuttgart) the plural form was often used when talking about beer types.

Must be a BERLIN thing.

-walker

Alright you win 2-1. It's the Wessies beating up the Ossies again.

Let's just enjoy our beerses, OK? :tank:

Latest posts

Back