Beer Crazy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonsbeer

Reaction score
Had an opportunity to visit these guys in Urbandale over the weekend. All I can say is wow. I was very impressed with their inventory of ingredients and hardware. I think I'm done mail ordering. It's worth the drive.

Check them out.

Agreed, great shop. I live about 2 miles from BC and visit regularly. I've switched to buying all of my grain, hops and yeast there. I have noticed that some of their items are over priced but not too often. Even when they are, most of the time I still buy the stuff there just to support the LHBS in hopes that they stay in business.

Agreed, they are all great. I drive down from Ames every week to get a weeks worth of grain. They are knowledgeable, very nice, their craft selection is top notch. A 50# sack of 2row is $37, that's only $2 more than morebeer and no shipping! Granted I have the drive, but my last haul was $416, so it's totally worth it!

When I made the switch from Mr. Beer to 5-gal kits I got my starter set from BC and they were incredibly helpful. I have since gotten wine kits, grain and misc. products from them over the years. Good People, fair pricing and great craft beer selection with mix and match.

Great selection. They have everything from plastic bucket fermenters to Blichmann bling. I rarely mail order because of them.

I've been there several times, love the place! I too have stopped ordering most of my stuff from online. I still might buy a different extract kit from some place else, but if I was doing all grain, I'd have no reason to go any place else.

Hey Big Red, Take in the information from your extract kit and they cane duplicate it for you. Those guys are great down there. I just wish it wasn't 45 minutes for me to go, but I still try to make the trip down from Ames about once a week or so.

Thanks for the info EZ, I guess I never thought of doing that. I tried to make it that way today for a bunch of stuff, but my schedule didn't work out to allow it. I'm gonna try to get there tomorrow or Thursday.

Another +1 on the good folks at Beer Crazy. A full service LHBS in central Iowa is unbeatable. Especially since I'm only 10 minutes from the store! I could spend all day in there. Other than the fact I'd be broke in an hour with all the nice stuff they have 4 sale.

:mug:

+1 to everything said about these guys. Made a trip today and simply had to hand them a list of the grain bills and grab the hops and yeast. That plus the always mandatory stroll and by the time I made it to the register my grain was already waiting for me. No change in the near future for me! !

Not sure how I missed this thread before...great LHBS. I like to do smaller batches since I experiment a lot and they've been great about it. Plus it seems like I always end up buying more stuff than I intended. Friends and family ask me what I want as gifts...always ask for gift certificates from Beer Crazy.

Latest posts

Back