clear bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGBrewer

Reaction score
I understand that using clear bottles is probable not a good idea do to light affecting the brew. But I would like to bottle with a couple small clear bottles per batch to be able to watch the change and have smaller sample bottles for when i get impatient. Anyone know where to find some?

coke has little clear 8 oz bottles at the grocery store. they r real easy to cap and i always put 1 or 2 in for samples.

Midwest has clear EZ cap bottles in clear (16 and 32oz). I searched a few sites for 12oz clear bottles and couldn't find any.

There are a few store beers that come in clear bottles such as Newcastle Brown Ale.

grrtt78 said:
coke has little clear 8 oz bottles at the grocery store. they r real easy to cap and i always put 1 or 2 in for samples.
Haven't seen these for quite a while, which store do you see them in

Calistoga sparkling mineral water comes in a 10 oz clear glass bottle. It is a twist-off though. I know opinions differ greatly on the twist off vs non twist off debate, I have had good luck with twist offs and these bottles are a good size for testers. I also use them for some of my higer alcohol ciders.

I found some little mexican drinks at walmart in clear 8 oz pop top bottles, perfect.

I have used some clear bottles never had a problem as long as you keep them out of direct light.
In a perfect world only using brown bottles would be optimum.

Back