Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the losses Subsailor and ChefRex. I got Charlie about 4 months ago. She thinks that she's a lap dog. Got her from a doc I take clients to after I told her I had a boxer growing up and that my kids w antes a dog. She said I was the only one she would give the dog away to as I've been taking people to her for 7 years and she knows how I am. :) I waited a few months after the initial offer as she wasn't ready to part with Charlie, but I'm glad we have our dog. She even gave me the crate, all of her toys, her food dish and a bunch of food.
Damn app won't let me load my pics

This has been the best thread ever and I wanted to thank all of you for sharing the amazing puppy pics. I had a blast seeing all of them. Ludwig is sooooooo cute and that baby corgi a few pics down from him, what a doll. Made my night.
Please spay/neuter and adopt 61% of all dogs and 75% of all cats entering shelters are euthanized each year 25% of dogs entering shelters are purebred. Conservatively 2.7 million adoptable pets euthanized annually. Notice I said "adoptable" in reality 4-5 million cats & dogs euthanized each year. Breed enthusiast? Remember, nearly every breed club has a rescue. Have a fav breed you'd like to add to your family? Contact their bred club for the nearest rescue near you. XO

100_0433-62071.jpg

This is Lukas. He was found by a friend, dumped off on a gravel road when he was a puppy. When she asked if we wanted another dog, my thoughts were "That's the last thing we need...", however, SWMBO wanted to take a look anyway. As soon a I saw his split face I knew we had to have him. Unsure of his genetics, I'd have to guess something along the lines of Austrailian cattle dog/shepard (coat pattern and personality) mixed with Labrador (head and muzzle shape). He is by far the smartest dog I've had, and makes me look like I know what I'm doing when it comes to training.

My guess would be some spaniel/heeler/terroir combo. I'm not seeing any lab there...

Awesome looking dog

Sub,
Dude I feel your pain too. I lost 2 in about 2 months and that was devastating enough. 2 in a day has got to really suck...
Bob

100_0433-62071.jpg

This is Lukas. He was found by a friend, dumped off on a gravel road when he was a puppy. When she asked if we wanted another dog, my thoughts were "That's the last thing we need...", however, SWMBO wanted to take a look anyway. As soon a I saw his split face I knew we had to have him. Unsure of his genetics, I'd have to guess something along the lines of Austrailian cattle dog/shepard (coat pattern and personality) mixed with Labrador (head and muzzle shape). He is by far the smartest dog I've had, and makes me look like I know what I'm doing when it comes to training.

The speckling isn't typical of an Australian Shepherd, but more of an Australian Cattle dog. (fyi). :)

MC

IMG_0690.jpg

This is Charlie. Got him from a rescue when he was 10 weeks old. They said he was boxer and platt hound? Dont see either in him. I would have to guess retriever,chow, maybe pit? He is the sweetest dog I have ever had/seen. He just loves absolutely everything and everyone. Great thing is I get to bring him to work with me everyday on a golf course so he has a ball running around chasing the geese.

I agree. He has some black spots on his tongue, which is a chow trait. got the mouth of a pitty and the body and coat of a golden retriever. Quite the melting pot.

May as well introduce Eleanor/Ellie (Black Lab) and Montgomery/Monty (English SS). They are both over a decade old now, probably quite obvious looking at the lab!

They're my father's gun dogs and live back at my family home in the Republic - I probably look forward to seeing them more than the human family when headed home :D

View attachment 177699

This is Charlie. Got him from a rescue when he was 10 weeks old. They said he was boxer and platt hound? Dont see either in him. I would have to guess retriever,chow, maybe pit? He is the sweetest dog I have ever had/seen. He just loves absolutely everything and everyone. Great thing is I get to bring him to work with me everyday on a golf course so he has a ball running around chasing the geese.

Possibly some akita.

100_0433-62071.jpg

good looking dog.

View attachment 177699

Great story. Rescues only for me.... Good looking dog.

The part that sucks about having animals. I put my dog down a little over a week ago due to cancer also.
I've been looking at rescues, Miss having my buddy around.

The last 3 I've had, Casey, Big Jake, and Little Jake (rescue, already named).... all had to be put down. Cancer. What an evil disease.

I definitely feel for you. I'm a big guy, but I've cried out loud at each of their passings.... in the vets office, during the day. I wasn't embarassed. Dogs are special. They love without asking anything in return. Well.. maybe the occasional treat, or for you to toss their ball once in awhile, but so, so special.

Nice looking dog! Love pit bulls and boxers. I don't mean to sound intrusive, just make sure that place is really well vented if you're using a propane burner inside. CO can kill a dog pretty easily. But he (she?) looks tough!

yea its in my garage,brewery, bar, snowing like hell but the garage door is cracked.
like your concern

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

yea its in my garage,brewery, bar, snowing like hell but the garage door is cracked.
like your concern

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Nice. Wish I had a brewery/garage/bar!

Edit: My concern was just based on the fact that a lot of people, including my good brew buddy, think that brewing in their garage totally sealed up is fine.. even when we're super light headed. But then again... freeze to death, or minimal CO poisoning? I think a lot of people in MN choose CO. Dogs don't take it well though.

Man if I took my shepherd out fishing with me I would spend more time fishing her out of the water than I would actually fishing. The only thing she loved more than playing tug of war, is swimming

We take them swimming first to tire them out, do some fishing, then back to swimming when they get restless again. It all works out and all are happy.

Nice. Wish I had a brewery/garage/bar!

Edit: My concern was just based on the fact that a lot of people, including my good brew buddy, think that brewing in their garage totally sealed up is fine.. even when we're super light headed. But then again... freeze to death, or minimal CO poisoning? I think a lot of people in MN choose CO. Dogs don't take it well though.

IF you end up with MINIMAL CO poisoning.... From light headed to unconscious...

DEAD IS DEAD whether by freezing or carbon monoxide.

CRACK OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR!!!!!!

Don't use a dog like a mine canary!!!1

Lake Billy Chinook ,friends have a place at Three Rivers Recreation Area

That's an incredible spot!

Caught a lake trout there the size of my leg when I was in college. On my fly rod near the Deschutes arm. The summer bikini hatch is quite impressive too ;)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392610435.004214.jpg

Otis in a foot of snow. A kind of happiness just not seen in self-conscious animals like ourselves.

Rescued him and gained a fabulous member of the family. I strongly encourage looking for dogs in your local rescue chapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back