keg beer too foamy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossbergmike

Reaction score
i just put my belgian wit in the kegerator.. it fermented for 2 weeks then sat in the keg natural carbonating for two weeks... i put it in the fridge and released the pressure and put it up to 5psi.. now all i get is foam when i pull the handle.. is that because the beer is still at room temp and hasnt had time to settle in the fridge? or is something else wrong:confused:

Possibly yes. CO2 does come out of solution more rapidly at warmer temps.

Could also be out of balance with the linesets too making it worse.

If the beer is still at room temp then thats your problem, let it cool down before drawing another glass. Its also possible you over carbed, if thats the case you can bleed the keg out over a week to help lower the level. And then its also possible your lines are not the correct length to balance it out.

thats what i was wondering.. i didnt know if the natural carbing could overcarb it.. so i took the co2 off of it and am gonna let the pressure off everyonce in a while the whole time its cooling, see if that will work

well i wouldn't degass it yet, untill you've cooled it and still think its overcarbed. Give it atleast 2-3 days to cool completely and co2 to dissolve completey

Back