Dude, its a chiller bracket, Dude

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
View attachment 121

This is an idea I had for a chiller bracket constructed out of metal L-brackets that are bent into J-brackets. These could then be welded or screwed onto your brew stand and your chiller could slid in and out. Simple and easy, all you need is a vise and a hammer.

Brewpastor said:
View attachment 121

This is an idea I had for a chiller bracket constructed out of metal L-brackets that are bent into J-brackets. These could then be welded or screwed onto your brew stand and your chiller could slid in and out. Simple and easy, all you need is a vise and a hammer.

Cool.

Guess I'm not seeing how the size of that chiller corresponds to the drawing, but I'll look at it more when I get home from work.

I really appreciate the work. I like the idea of the J brackets, and it is ultimately what I will be doing.

You better patent the idea before I do! :p

The brackets would be bent in relation to the height of the sides of your chiller in such a way as to allow the chiller to slide between the top and the bottom of the brackets. The bent over "J" tab would come across the outer edge of the face of the chiller just enough to hold it in place. The brackets would be set to the width by how/where they are attached to your stand so that they lightly hug the outer edges/sides of the chiller.

I will work up another picture.

HOLD THE PRESS!

MY DESIGN WON'T WORK. New thread will show better/workable design!

Please refer to "Revised Bracket Dude!"

Back