Who's shopping on Black Friday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you shopping on Black Friday?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Three_Trees

Reaction score
Just curious how many of you are going out to shop on black friday. Personally I don't want to deal with crowds and parking, but I've seen some rather tempting ads...

Yep, those tempting ads have created a bug. I would like to see if I can get some things that I have been putting off, hopefully they will be a lot lower priced.

I'll be supporting the US NAVY and I'll be on watch from 4-8AM that morning. Even so, SWMBO would probably have me stay at home and watch the kids while she shopped. I'm pretty sure I've never been to a Black Friday sale, and I'd rather get butt raped with a razor blade condom that go out on that day. I pretty much go hermit from mid November to the day after X-Mas and only venture off base if I absolutely have to. I don't even look forward to going to the LHBS to get ingredients right now because of the traffic, but I have to make exceptions.

Not I. I Effin hate Black Friday.

Somewhere on the internet said:
Whenever people are willing to wait for hours in the pre-dawn cold of a November morning, and then proceed to stampede like scared pigs in a chute when the doors open; when they can and do trample each other in the rush, and get in fist fights over pieces of merchandise–all this is indicative of an obsession, an imbalance, a kind of manipulative and rapacious capitalism that puts money and things above and beyond everything else.

Plus, I'm a litle scared to buy too much these days with our shyte economy.

Naaahhh, I wont be going back home to the US for the Holiday.

Does internet shopping count? There are some great deals online

We'll be at hwmbo's parents' cabin. On friday we'll probably go shooting. Something I'd probably end up doing if I ended up at a black friday event.

If I do any shopping, it'll be internetting. I probably won't though since I'll be coming back from BFE.

This may be the first time that I'll try and with any luck I may surrvive. I'm only in the market for a 42-in LCD HDTV 1080p. But I don't plan to stand in line or fight little old ladies. If it becomes too much of a hastle, I'll go drink homebrew.

I'll be doing my job stimulating the economy. There won't be any crowds at all. Don't ya know the economy is so bad, it will be like Will Smith in I Am Legend. No lines, no parking problems. Piece of cake. :D

I went once a few years ago. Never again. What a nightmare. I do most of my christmas shopping on the interweb now anyways. Beats fighting all those crowds and attitudes.

Not here, I will probably wait until next Wednesday and do all my shopping at 8am so I have to deal with as few people as possible. That or let my wife do all the shopping this year :rolleyes:

We'll be at hwmbo's parents' cabin. On friday we'll probably go shooting. Something I'd probably end up doing if I ended up at a black friday event.

Is it wrong to have an internet crush on you :D

j/k...... sorta ;)

I'm Brewing on Black Friday....and will order some crap from Austin Home Brew....so I voted YES!
Having said that, I feel disenfranchised in this poll. I wanted the Ralph Nader Option!

I went the past two years and got some great deals. They offer the same stuff every year though- I already got my parents a digital camera, got my wife a digital picture frame, there aren't any toys my kid wants, and everything else is kinda crappy this year.

The only things I'd consider- Circuit City has 100 DVDs for $10, and Ace has a Dremel accessory kit for $5, normally $25. Neither of those are enough to get me out of bed.

God knows I don't want to but I voted yes because my wife and mom-in-law decided that they wanted to go to the outlet malls at midnight Thursday night/Friday morning. As much as I hate (despise, loathe, etc.) HUGE crowds in small spaces and mass cesspools of greed, I didn't want some them driving in all that madness. Needless to say, the shotty will be behind the driver seat. :D

i refuse to buy presents for anyone this year. and anyone who buys me presents, they will be regifted...it's a matter of principal.

well, maybe a little something for my nephews...damnit :eek:

I have no part of Black Friday. I have a system upgrade to work on all weekend anyway.

freaking work...

Normally I would NEVER want to do this whole Black Friday thing, however there are 2 issues. First, we just moved and the new house's washer and dryer are absolute crap. SWMBO needs her tools just like I need mine and I'm tempted to see if I can find a deal on a washer/dryer set. Second, is that SWMBO pretty much gave me the go-ahead on a flat screen TV as long as its not more than $1500... :rockin:

Is this a good idea? How do go about this BF thing? Is it gonna' hurt?

Not a chance of me dealing with the crowds. Plus there is a good chance of seeing better deals closer to and after Christmas if the projections on consumer spending are correct. The stores will end up with a surplus of stuff to get rid of at big discounts.

Go to blackfriday.info, and look for the exact TV you want. If you're really serious, you'll get to that store around 8 pm Thursday night and sleep out for it. The later you go, the greater the chance you won't get it. Also, some places are doing their sales online, so check that out too.

After tonite, I'll have the ingredients for Vacation Weizenbock and Edwort's Apfelwein. Black Friday will find me happily filling fermentation vessels and waiting impatiently for my 3 keg system to be delivered.

No way, no how. In college I worked retail on that day and it's just insane. It was great on commission though ;) No selling necessary. Long lines for the Atari and Mattel Activision. :D

I don't shop, except for food and emergencies, from the time the xmas decorations go up until they come down.

Latest posts

Back