how to use apricot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopmomma

Reaction score
We are in the middle of making some brews for our wedding. We already have a few manly beers (rye ipa and smoked pale ale) but I'm whipping up something a little girlie for us lady-drinkers. We are doing two batches of fruit beer. One will be blueberry/cherry cream ale but I'd like to try making an apricot cream ale. Suggestions for apricot addition requested. I don't want to use extract, but what would i use? Would dehydrated apricots work or should I look for fresh or frozen apricots? Thanks for any tips.

I do an apricot blonde that is really tasty. What I use for apricot is the canned puree from vintners harvest. I add it to the beer 2 days after I pitch the yeast. I also follow up with some natural extract when I keg to punch up the apricot flavor. If you want the recipe send me a pm with your email and I will send you the beer smith file

+1 on canned puree, plus use extract (that's what Dry dock does for their fantastic Apricot Blone). Expensive to buy puree, but it is delicious! Planning on making a batch in the next couple of months, great summer / spring beer.

My recipe is pretty close to Dry Docks but I added some Caremel 10 and Honeymalt to sweeten it up a bit. Was too tart doing it directly from the recipe that dry dock uses.

Back