So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making my first brew attempt this weeks. Got a nice Hoppy Pale Ale from the LHBS.
Even tracked down a 7 gallon pot, just because I fear my 1st brew boiling over in my 5 gallon pot!

Going to do a robust porter this weekend. Now the decision is - do I make the big starter in a jug tonight or, since I ordered a 2000 ml Erlenmeyer flask on the 25th (to go with the new stir plate) do I wait and do a 1.3 L starter on the stir plate? The flask is only coming from Illinois to Milwaukee, Wi, so I might risk waiting.

Did two 1 gallon extract IPAs today. It's crazy how easy a small, hopped up, 15 min boil extract brew is. I need to do more of these this next year.

Tomorrow (Happy new year!) I plan to make a belgian dubbel. I want to brew up 10g total, so I'm evaluating a single boil and somehow getting an IPA-esque beer out of half the wort. Either a hop tea after the boil of draw some wort off to do a mad late addition / hop stand sort of thing outside of the main BK. Still have some time to think about it.

I will brew a English Pale Ale (ESB) tomorrow morning. The first brew of 2015 is batch number 123.
In 2014 my first batch was number 95 an Oatmeal Stout on 03JAN14 and my last batch was 122 a Black German Lager on 27DEC14. I did 27 five gallon batches in 2014 for a total of 135 gallons of beer.

I am wonder where all of that beer went?

I plan on inaugurating my new range by making an American Amber ale (extract) on Sunday! Then I'll be back to all grain for a cream ale the following weekend.

I was trying to get everything together for my first 5 gallon batch, but apparently the electric bill is important. I'm headed out to Bed Bath & Beyond to see what Brooklyn Brew refills they have. I hope they have the IPA. I've heard good things about that kit, if you fudge the hop schedule a little.

Dang, I knew I forgot something! I ordered the ingredients for the Kottbusser first thing this morning. Just sent the wife to the store with my card & forgot the spring water! Had to text just now while they're getting pale ale liquor cigs & food. Need to get the ESB E/SG kit brewed up while I wait for the Kottbusser stuff to come in.
Dang PBW is going up. $9.99 per pound & I need two these days. Momma likes cleaning her kitchen stuff with it. Even got her two different size brushes.

I brewed an attempt to clone Kilt Lifter, a Scottish Ale. First time i have used my gas burner and i am much happier as i got the vigorous boil i had lacked the last 3 attempts. i got closer to my target OG than i ever have. It went smoooooooth...

WP_001249.jpg

Did a robust porter New Year's day, and have an Irish Red on deck for the morning, and a yet to be decided upon beer on Sunday.

Saturday is slated for a pale ale with homegrown Chinook. Looking forward to that. I may double up with a snpa clone as well.

10ltr batch of dry stout.
Half will get CF115 dry hop and the other,oak soaked in Jura Origin

5 gallon batch of irish stout on Saturday. This will be my first batch of my own recipe...

I am... hoping I can find something that I can make that will be ready for Superbowl. I have a NB: Bavarian Hefe kit sitting at home but...meh...

Getting ready to hopefully brew the ESB I've had in waiting tomorrow. Ordered ingredients for the Kottbusser in the other thread yesterday. Maybe next weekend on that one. Thinking of doing the honey & molasses in secondary for that one.

Hopefully brewing either a saison or cream ale. Two styles I haven't brewed in a while. Havent decided yet. Dang AFC wildcard game is on Saturday night and I gotta watch those Steelers. Sports are getting in the way of my brewing.

Getting ready to hopefully brew the ESB I've had in waiting tomorrow. Ordered ingredients for the Kottbusser in the other thread yesterday. Maybe next weekend on that one. Thinking of doing the honey & molasses in secondary for that one.

I've been wanting to brew an ESB for a while now, but have Black IPA lined up for Saturday...hmmmm, double brew day!? :ban:

Nothing because I'm out of fermentation buckets. Even my 2 gallon bucket. Got so bored I did a quick graff with .5 gallon of my esb. Add soon as I get some space, an Irish red and a dry stout so they'll be ready for st pats.

Got the stir plate with my Wy 3787 going into a dubbel. Which will serve as a starter for the quad in about a month.

Brewing a hop bomb (Simcoe, Centennial and Columbus) in the morning with 1098. Anyone have experience with this yeast? They were out of 007.

Heating strike water in 30qt pot and preheating cooler mash tun with 3 gallons of 150 degree sanitized water at the moment

Brewing the raging red I.R.A. recipe today

Finally brewed that honey pale ale on New Year's day. 1st time using dry yeast - Nottingham. Screwed up the rehydration because I decided to read Danstar's detailed rehydration instructions on their website -after- pitching. doh!

Added honey after 18 hours in primary at high krausen. What a PITA pasteurizing the honey.

Cleaning up the brewery today and making a starter for an Imperial Stout brew day tomorrow.

Nothing this weekend, but next weekend I'll bottle/cask the 4th attempt at cloning Coniston Bluebird Bitter, harvest the yeast, and brew attempt #5. Closer every time. #4 is a little big, not dark enough, but the hopping seems dead on, and the yeast character is dead on. Since I have a whole cake worth of Coniston yeast raised up from bottles, I'm not letting it go to waste. Scale down the gravity a bit, swap for a different, darker English crystal malt, and leave all else the same.

Back