tasted my first home brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to brewing! I've made some pretty complicated beers, but I'll tell you one thing... Cooper's Aus. Bitter and the Aus Draught are both fabulous, trouble free. I've got the lager in secondary right now, as a matter of fact, and I'm looking forward to it.

EBSDallas said:
OK, I drank a bunch of it. And it's as good or better than what I would have bought at the store.

EBS

I didn't ever really believe it when people would tell me that. I thought it would be interesting to make homemade beer. I figured it would turn out to be kind of thick, cloudy stuff, sort of reminiscent of what you used to get at brewpubs when they first came out. Man, was I ever surprised to find out how good my very first batch tasted. I still like commercial beers, but to me the homebrew just tastes fresher and better.

P.S. You gotta force yourself to save some. If you like your beer now, you will REALLY like it about six weeks from now.

Sasquatch said:
Welcome to brewing! I've made some pretty complicated beers, but I'll tell you one thing... Cooper's Aus. Bitter and the Aus Draught are both fabulous, trouble free. I've got the lager in secondary right now, as a matter of fact, and I'm looking forward to it.
My first brew over ten years ago was Cooper's Draught and oh my it made a good beer!:tank:

Back