Help with Keezer Checklist - Not Serving from Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewThruYou

Reaction score
I just ordered a 14.8 keezer that I'm using for carbonating/conditioning/lagering. I want to co2 carb all my beers, using the beergun to bottle some, and having the other kegs ready for the kegerator upstairs.

It will hold 9 kegs on the floor, but I'm probably going to keep a big co2 tank inside, so make that 8 kegs. Say I want to dedicate half the space for lagering in cornies, that means I need gas connects for the other 4 kegs. I already have a dual pressure three gauge Taprite primary regulator that I will swap into this...so that's covered.

So if I want 4 different pressures, I can go with a 3 product secondary regulator on one of the outputs from the dual primary regulator.

So my list right now:
- (1) three product secondary regulator
- (4) ball lock gas disconnects
- (8) hose clamps
- (1) 20lb co2 tank - will check height first
- (1) gas hose - at least 21 feet. 5 feet for each keg and section to go from primary regulator to secondary.

Anything I'm missing on the gas side? I have a Blichmann Beergun too, but I think it would be easier just to disconnect another line....maybe some quick disconnects for that?

In order to save some costs, I'm thinking about just doing Y splitters on each of the dual outputs, so that would give me 4 kegs at 2 different pressures. Then I would put polysulfone disconnects on one of the lines in order to swap in the blichmann beergun.

Thoughts? Would love to pull the trigger today since my chest freezer should be here Friday.

Ordered hopefully everything I need:

20lb co2 tank
2 2-way distributors
4 ball lock gas QD threaded
4 barbed swivel nuts
25 feet of 5/16" air hose (probably too much)

Will buy the hose clamps and a tubing cutter at Lowe's.

Back