Pickled eggs--recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ They sound good too! Not sure if I want clove and cinnamon in my eggs or not. Never saw a tinted mason jar like that. Thought you had something funky going on! :)

Those pickled eggs are unique, and I was skeptical at first - but they really are good. The spices do a great job of balancing the other things that are going on, lending a really nice touch. :mug:

Yummm, I was looking for a new idea for eggs. Lately, I've been making Scotch eggs and will have to try my hand at pickling them. We have 16 chickens, so we always have plenty of eggs. BTW, if you have difficulty peeling fresh eggs, this is the best way:

Bring water to a boil, gently lower room temp eggs into the water. Boil for 10 minutes. Pull eggs out and put them in ice water and let cool. Freshly laid eggs peel easily. I think it may be the temperature shock going into boiling water and then going into the ice water, but I'm no scientist. I just know it works for me every time.

Thanks for the resurrection of this thread!

Beer snacks... Beet pickled egg. This is a useful zombie thread!

image.jpeg

Sampled my shot at Cheyco's recipe + 1 TBS of Crushed Red Peppers last night after 9 days in the brine. THey turned out very good. I was surprised by how much the brine had soaked it for 9 days. I would probably add a small amount of sugar(maybe 1 tsp) next time to take off a bit of the vinegar's edge.

Bumping this thread from the dead! I was craving pickled eggs and had forgot about the delicious Joe Jost pickled eggs. Ordered up some chilies from Walmart online as no one locally has them.

Attachments

• E91568AC-4153-4A1F-AB93-0B2F62D9FE04.jpeg
    E91568AC-4153-4A1F-AB93-0B2F62D9FE04.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • A3A9E06F-66D0-4010-A242-4465708C8EB8.jpeg
    A3A9E06F-66D0-4010-A242-4465708C8EB8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
I think I have posted this before somewhere but I do them super simple. I buy the canned, sliced and pickled jalapenos from the grocery. It takes a couple jars to do what I do but. I have a big one gallon wide mouth glass jar that I use. cook and peel my eggs put them in the jar and dump the jalapeno juice and quite a few of the jalapenos on top of the eggs to cover them. I like to add some sliced onions,garlic and sliced carrots. A little bit of salt. Put on the lid and let them chill for a couple weeks. They are stupid simple, way tasty and fast! The longer they rest the better they get. About 3-4 weeks is my optimum flavor, heat etc.

Cheers
Jay

Back