What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deeside Brewery LAF.

ForumRunner_20131101_184030.png

Californian Common, 4.1%... Staying off the higher abv beers till after dinner, but I'm really craving something a bit more "special"!!

Do yourself a favor and grab a case for ~$55.

Celebration Ale is always one of my favorite seasonal beers, year after year.

I never bought a case. I already have so much beer and dont want to waste any if I bought a case. That stuff sits down here so I wont have a problem finding some

I never bought a case. I already have so much beer and dont want to waste any if I bought a case. That stuff sits down here so I wont have a problem finding some

Same here. Celebration is not hard to find. I kinda think its just ok. Not a bad beer but nothin Im gonna get excited about.

finsfan said:
dont say that! Ive never had it and was looking forward to it so much since its been hyped up here the past week. Still gonna buy it tho :D

Don't you know yet not to let other people's opinions influence your beer buying decisions.
Unless its my opinion. I'm never wrong about beer. ;)

Finally got of work and i come home to " honey there is something wrong with the sink".... I go and look at the sink and its full of nasty brown water... Garbage disposal down Pipe is clogged... Awesome... Why we bought a garbage disposal is beyond me... Ill never buy one again... I need a beer

Access Database is complete and functional, nevermind that my team is a bunch of monkeys that don't know how to use it... 2.5 more hours left in the workday, but this Celebration tastes delicious right now.

late to the party but I made it! got the second to last 6 pack :D Pretty good IPA, I may let a few of these sit in the fridge for a month or two and see how they are with some age.

I consider this my liver warm up for tonight. Tallgrass is having a local firkin tapping tonight at 7. Pumpkin buffalo sweat, dont be jealous :D

2013-11-01 15.43.36.jpg

well I didnt get to drink like I wanted to last night. I got hit by a SUV on the way home from work. I did happen to have a dopplebock after I got home from the Hospital about 3am alongside some roast and potatoes.

edit: It was also the first dopplebock I've ever had....pretty tasty

speeddemon190 said:
well I didnt get to drink like I wanted to last night. I got hit by a SUV on the way home from work. I did happen to have a dopplebock after I got home from the Hospital about 3am alongside some roast and potatoes.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that, man.

damn man! hope you are alright, that sounds like a crazy situation

that is the passenger side door of the cavalier, I swerved to miss the girl who pulled out infront of me trying to make a left turn. She ended up hitting me which actually is better. it would have been alot worse if i would have hit her at my 50mph rather than her hit me at her 20mph

that is the passenger side door of the cavalier, I swerved to miss the girl who pulled out infront of me trying to make a left turn. She ended up hitting me which actually is better. it would have been alot worse if i would have hit her at my 50mph rather than her hit me at her 20mph

I know car accidents are bad but that is a lot better than you actually getting hit by an SUV which is what I thought happened

I went to a package store in tiny little Blue Ridge, GA and bought a mixed six pack. 2 each of three beers. I've had one of each....

Dales Pale Ale - I saw this one on either Brew Dogs or Brewmasters. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed. It's a good pale ale, but nothing special. It's one of many. Just switch the lable and you've got the same pale ale / IPA. Too bad. I was excited when I saw that one in the cooler.

Drafty Kilt Scotch Ale - Another disappointment. I was looking for a very malt forward beer. It was I suppose... just the wrong malt. Cocoa-ie chocolate malt is the flavor I'm getting.... really wanted to get the sweet malt finish of a Scottish beer, and didn't get it.

Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale - Can I say wholy **** in here? Now THIS is a great beer. Bitter and hop forward, but a great malty back end. I could drink a dozen of these. I am getting the smokey oak as well. My pallet isn't sophisticated, but I can say that there is a tremendous amount going on with this beer. I wish I could describe them all.

I've said it in other threads, but I live in Pensacola, FL. The population of the area is around 400,000. Blue Ridge is probably only in the low 10's of thousands - if that many. The beer selection in the North Georgia mountains is SOOOO much better than the selection in the Florida panhandle. Very sad. I can buy better beer in a much wider selection in the local Ingles grocery store up here than I can buy in most specialty package stores in the Pensacola area.

Sorry for the sheet luck brah!

At the bruery picking up my Black Tuesday. Had to get a flight while I waited...

image-3117020479.jpg

Left to right
Cacaonut
2012 oude tart
Or xata
Warewolf bar mitzvah
Ba autumn maple

I know car accidents are bad but that is a lot better than you actually getting hit by an SUV which is what I thought happened

sorry for the confusion.. yeah it was crap luck, but after sliding over two lanes and ending up in the opposite ditch. I walked away with a bruised thigh, and out of the 3 17yr old girls in the SUV 2 were fine the driver suffered a concussion and lost a tooth through her lip/cheek. Im just glad nobody was seriously hurt.

Hardcore IPA

ForumRunner_20131101_213602.jpg

Better than punk IPA.

Edit: bad luck on the car crash, good luck on the nobody seriously hurt!

Back