First Batch, First Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddtobin

Reaction score
Do i need to tranfer from fermentation bucket to another bucket before beginning to bottle. I am assuming i do so that when you put the corn sugar in you can give it a small stir?

Todd

Do i need to tranfer from fermentation bucket to another bucket before beginning to bottle. I am assuming i do so that when you put the corn sugar in you can give it a small stir?
Yes, it serves two purposes:
(1) Allows you to bulk prime with sugar.
(2) Gets the beer off the trub (gunk -- dead yeast and byproducts) so you end up with less sediment in your bottles.

Greg;

That makes it easier. I put my priming sugar-water slurry in my bottling bucket. Then I rack my beer into that bucket. I put the tube on the bottom of the bucket, so it swirls with the sugar and mixes with the beer.

Perfect Thanks Ya'll...Im so pumped...This is the coolest thing...EVER...Well Second...

I used the bottling wand attached to the spigot over the dishwasher door method and it is no less than GENIUS!!! No spill on the floor, nose hose knocking over other bottles, and I got to sit in a chair while bottling!

That makes it easier. I put my priming sugar-water slurry in my bottling bucket. Then I rack my beer into that bucket. I put the tube on the bottom of the bucket, so it swirls with the sugar and mixes with the beer.

forgive my ignorance....what does "rack my beer into that bucket" mean. I am not familiar with the term rack.

I am a n00b sorry for the dumb questions.....or thread jacking.

Josh

forgive my ignorance....what does "rack my beer into that bucket" mean. I am not familiar with the term rack.

Josh

Rack means to move or transfer liquid from one container to another...through the use of a siphon...Or a nose hose in the case of my new friend angelo...:D

Josh

Racking is anothe word for transferring. This is done typically with a siphon hose, but ideally with an auto siphon. http://store.itsallwine.com/lgautosiphon.html

:off: Josh, I plan on following you around and answering all of your questions. :D

I used the bottling wand attached to the spigot over the dishwasher door method and it is no less than GENIUS!!! No spill on the floor, nose hose knocking over other bottles, and I got to sit in a chair while bottling!

plus you santize bottles in dishwasher then fill, nice and easy

Back