• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NO VA Craigslist find $10.00 carboys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke to Ashley, she said she has a lot of them and they come with airlocks. I may go pick up a few on my day off tomorrow.

Nice! My brother in law has a winery up by Buffalo, NY with a bunch they don't use as well but I ride a motorcycle up so no way to get some back. lol

the rep said she had a lot. I want a couple myself at that price, but may not be able to get there this weekend.

i am in woodbridge, about 4 miles off I-95. And sir I am a Gints fan (grew up in Brooklyn). I would prob take 2 if you get there. Its just a pain in the butt to go up to Alexandria. If you are coming up this weekend, I am home most of today, manana, i am either going to a BURP meeting or brewing and expect to be home sunday. Let me know if your coming up, of course i have some cold ones for tasting purposes. PM me and i will give u more info.

I work a couple blocks from here and have emailed/called them, but they don't open until 11am. I take the subway to work normally, but I can potentially drive in and coordinate a pickup of multiple carboys if they have plenty available.

I stopped in to Carafe Wine Makers in Alexandria, VA yesterday. Picked up some of the $10 carboys they had. (CL ad no longer posted.) They are staying open until the end of the month. There were still 15 or so left after I got my 6. They also had 5 gal. plastic ferm buckets with lids for $3 ea. They were very professional & made the process easy.

Sounded like they were very surprised by the number they sold & how fast they are going. So if you plan to pick a few up, you might want to hurry. I took my family & we made a day trip out of it. Visited DC & scored some cheap homebrew equipment.

I spoke with the proprietor, Lamar, picked up a few extra carboys and chatted with him a bit. Very nice guy, he was definitely surprised by the interest the craigslist ad received and how many were beer brewers. If you are making a special trip, he may very well hold some for you.

Their contact is below:

111 South Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3001
(703) 739-5850

I spoke with the proprietor, Lamar, picked up a few extra carboys and chatted with him a bit. Very nice guy, he was definitely surprised by the interest the craigslist ad received and how many were beer brewers. If you are making a special trip, he may very well hold some for you.

Their contact is below:

111 South Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3001
(703) 739-5850

They are located fairly close to the King St. Metro station as well. I suppose it would be a pain to carry carboys, walk & take the train, but for someone that wants to sightsee in DC while there, it proves helpful. We actually took the Van Dorn St. Metro into DC however because they have a park & ride, but that was only a 10 min drive from them.

Hopslam, if you end up getting some I could use a carboy and 1 or 2 buckets. I also live in Richmond - Byrd Park area. Let me know

SCORE, my cousin picked up 7 for me last night. Thanx for the tip, we were just about to get a couple more buckets too.

Back