What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The coff.

image-106385184.jpg

Public holiday in England today... Means I can deal with my hangover in peace.

However I have to do some work quickly because while it's a bank holiday here it's not in Scotland which is where I work most weeks... Need to get a couple of proposals finished off.

On the coffee.

I read that too fast and initially thought it said NEW England. Oh, well. I'll pretend like it's a public holiday here in Connecticut. :tank:

Remmy said:
I read that too fast and initially thought it said NEW England. Oh, well. I'll pretend like it's a public holiday here in Connecticut. :tank:

With all the beer we see you consume throughout the normal work day, I would think every day is a holiday in Connecticut. :D

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Ugh wtf!!?? Just woke up and wondering how the hell its so effin humid and hot already. Am I back in Texas and no one told me?!

Heh heh. It actually feels decent here this morning.

The heat started comin up here about 10am. Cool during the wee hours till 9:30-10:00am. then it starts goin up to high 70's/low 80's. Just finished bucket 'o java...

I think because most Brett beers are bottled carbed maybe? not forced

I don't think that's it, I'll have to pay attention next time I get a brett beer on draft though. If you have two beers side by side one sacc only and one brett finished, both well carbed to say 3.5 volumes, the brett beer will have noticably smaller bubbles.

Tea here.

I don't think that's it, I'll have to pay attention next time I get a brett beer on draft though. If you have two beers side by side one sacc only and one brett finished, both well carbed to say 3.5 volumes, the brett beer will have noticably smaller bubbles.

Tea here.

Brett beers have smaller bubbles than similarly carbed sacc beers because of a few things.

1. Time, brett beers usually have some age on them, age and carb time will decrease the bubble size because of the amount of time the vessel has been under pressure, over time this pressure will squeeze the co2 bubbles until they split into smaller bubbles. Take a sacc beer and age it for some time you will notice smaller bubbles when you open it.

2. brett tends to clean up after itself better, meaning there are less residuals in the beer providing nucleation sites. when things drop out of suspension or are consumed it provides a "cleaner" and thinner beer which in turn provides far fewer nucleation sites for the bubbles to form larger. See also, time, time drops residuals out of suspension as well.

And for those of you keeping score at home. Im drinking Coffee.

Brett beers have smaller bubbles than similarly carbed sacc beers because of a few things.

1. Time, brett beers usually have some age on them, age and carb time will decrease the bubble size because of the amount of time the vessel has been under pressure, over time this pressure will squeeze the co2 bubbles until they split into smaller bubbles. Take a sacc beer and age it for some time you will notice smaller bubbles when you open it.

2. brett tends to clean up after itself better, meaning there are less residuals in the beer providing nucleation sites. when things drop out of suspension or are consumed it provides a "cleaner" and thinner beer which in turn provides far fewer nucleation sites for the bubbles to form larger. See also, time, time drops residuals out of suspension as well.

And for those of you keeping score at home. Im drinking Coffee.

I was going to offer a answer more like #2. I remember reading a couple fluid dynamics (I'm more of a physics monkey) articles that came to that conclusion but they were studies of champagne and beer vs. champagne carb bubbles

Having water with lunch.

A bomb just dropped here!
image-3435885040.jpg

I've decided it's not hoppy enough to be an ipa or low enough abv to really be a session beer (for normal folks) so it's really a farmhouse pale ale which sounds a lot better anyway. :D

image-367303999.jpg

Everyone has to believe in something,

image-2122548768.jpg

I believe I'll have another beer!

Mash is at dex rest, have turbid mash almost to 190, then drawing off another few gallons, heating that to 190, then returning it to mash for mash out. So far so good.

image-1986548606.jpg

Here's how I had to pull first quart after the protein rest, but that was expected and the trusty stainless braid has prevailed so far.

MrNickVT said:
Only one more of these left :(

Pretty good stuff. I had some for the first time on tap in April. I'm looking forward to the next release.

Probably just some more cold water. Savin 3 different homebrews in the fridge for our 36th anniversary bbq tomorrow. Mixed up some stuffins for the jalepeno poppers a lil bit ago. 2 bars cream cheese (none of the fat free crap!),2C shredded colby jack,about 1-1.5 TBSP lee & Perrin's,1.5tsp cayenne pepper,3/4tsp ground cumin. Warmed the cream cheese up,mixed it all well,then covered in the fridge to let the flavors mingle. Got farm fresh big fat jalepenos a lil while ago,& some cheap thin bacon that seems to be the best to wrap'em with. They'll go into the pit with some taters & pecan wood.
Then roasted corn & some steaks.
I got enough meat to have 3 steaks left over for Steak fajitas made with fry bread the next day as well!:mug::ban:

Went to my local craft beer pub on the weekend. Enjoyed amougst others a Beavertown 8-ball rye IPA. Was excellent.

WesleyS said:
Pretty good stuff. I had some for the first time on tap in April. I'm looking forward to the next release.
Luckily a couple bars here every year get keg or 2.
TNGabe said:
Now where did I leave my fiddle? It's so small, I can never find it when it's time to play. :D

I know I know.

Probably just some more cold water. Savin 3 different homebrews in the fridge for our 36th anniversary bbq tomorrow. Mixed up some stuffins for the jalepeno poppers a lil bit ago. 2 bars cream cheese (none of the fat free crap!),2C shredded colby jack,about 1-1.5 TBSP lee & Perrin's,1.5tsp cayenne pepper,3/4tsp ground cumin. Warmed the cream cheese up,mixed it all well,then covered in the fridge to let the flavors mingle. Got farm fresh big fat jalepenos a lil while ago,& some cheap thin bacon that seems to be the best to wrap'em with. They'll go into the pit with some taters & pecan wood.
Then roasted corn & some steaks.
I got enough meat to have 3 steaks left over for Steak fajitas made with fry bread the next day as well!:mug::ban:

That sounds so good. I was wanted to make chili relleno this week, but couldn't find any good poblano. I love poppers, but I'm usually too lazy to scoop the those little buggers. I did get some sweet banana peppers to stuff.

Cathedral said:
Delicious. Og 1.090, 102 ibus. Sweet delicious creamy body and dank hoppiness. Beautiful malt and hop dance. Fooking love it!

One of my favorites.

Delicious. Og 1.090, 102 ibus. Sweet delicious creamy body and dank hoppiness. Beautiful malt and hop dance. Fooking love it!

Oh yeah, drinking it while grilled chipotle injected bacon wrapped chicken breast. It's a feast of the senses.

Back