My Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude. what the hell???????

Did you forget how to sanitize while you were in Iraq? you have a major vector of infection going on....shoot....and you're not gonna be home for awhile right?

I wish I lived closer and could go over there and take a look, and nuke it all for you...

Revvy, I have not forgotten the teaching of Oxy-Clean and Star-San, they are one of the most important brewing tools I use.

I, after many hours of talking with SWMBO, believe I have found out what happened to this brew.
SWMBO is very busy with our 3 kids while I am out touring the middle east
(Deployed to Iraq) and cannot check on the brew as often as I would.
The last time she really paid any attention to the carboys was 9 Mar 09 when I asked her to take some pictures of the it.
40+ days later those pictures are what is left of my beer, the air locks were dry, and the recycle bin was in the utility room.
I only mention the recycle bin because of the Lindman Framboise bottles that are in it.
st-patricks-beer-lindemans-framboise-ss.jpg

They are normally rinsed out and placed in there for recycle day every Tuesday.

These beers were ready to bottle back in March, but I wanted to bulk condition them for 30-45 days to make sure all the yeast had finished cleaning and were napping on the bottom of the carboy.

I have learned that trying to maintain a conditioning brew should not be from half way around the world.

And furthermore I should just stick to brewing vicariously while away from home!!

Thank you for all of your help

-Jason

*EDIT* I am not blaming SWMBO for any of this, this is my fault and was caused many unfortunate events.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't throw it out. There are a quite a few good beers that are bitter and funky. Orval comma Achel comma and Wild Devil come to mind. If anything its going to make the beer more bitter since the bugs will dry the beer out more. But that is if you like it. And glass can be cleaned out so you can use non-sour beers in it again. Just use a good sanitizer for maybe a little longer than want your normal process dictates.

ok,

The brew has had its sentence commuted.

it will live for what ever time is needed for this ?secondary? fermentation to complete

then it will be bottled, aged and tested and at that time it will stay ot get shipped out to sour lovers.

-Jason

Back