Fourty-Fourth!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn514

Reaction score
Brewer Friends...

Since the members of this board become kind of a second family, I want to share an important celebration today, 9 August. On this very day, in 1969, at Capitol Drive Lutheran Church in Milwaukee, WI, my very best friend became my wife! On that day, I did awaken with somewhat of a hangover...my best man insisted we go bar-hopping the night before...and it rained in the morning, so the day was very warm and rather humid. Fortunately, both the church and the reception hall were air-conditioned!

So, this evening my wife and I will celebrate with some local take-out: Italian beef sandwiches with "au jeu" and onions and sweet peppers, fresh-cut fries and wonderful fried onion rings. And...at least one "Midnight Beatdown Wheaten Porter!"

After four children [all girls], and several moves, we've stuck together 'cause we actually like each other! When you have a homebrew tonight, perhaps you will celebrate on our behalf?

glenn514:mug:[and Marie, my wife]

Cheers bro :). My first year went by pretty easily, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens along the line. 44 years is really something to be proud of.

That is an impressive milestone that very few accomplish well done good man !

Congrats! It will be 34 years for us in December. The fun part now is watching the kids. The oldest got married last July and the youngest will be married October 5th. Good times.

Congratulations (belatedly!) we just had our fourth anniversary in July and our first child (girl) turned two months today. I hope we can match your ongoing happiness!

Congrats man! That's a long time to still be together these days. It'll be 36 years for us on 8/27. I still got plenty of beer saved. Pit bbq,here we come!

I didn't see this on the actual date- so I'm glad it was bumped.

Glenn, that's an amazing and wonderful anniversary. I'm so happy for you and your wife. Congrats on that, and here's hoping to many many more! :mug:

Yeah I missed it too on the actual date...for good reason...it was my 60th b'day! So on the day you were getting married, I was getting a driver's license, which due to some error in judgement once upon a time, I have not maintained as successfully as your marriage:eek:.
Congrats....My best friend and I have 32 years, legally...37 otherwise.

And I too know the church....having grown up in WI....weird.

^^^ Happy Thirty-First Anniversary of your Twenty-Ninth Birthday, Chezhed!

And my thanks to all of the friendly brewers who helped us celebrate our anniversary!

glenn514:mug:

Back