Double Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big supper

Reaction score
I am assuming that if I want to do a double batch, I can just double the recipe, and then split it as evenly as possible into 2 fermentors? Anything to watch out for?

You might have to split the boil if your stove isn't powerfull enough. I can barely get 1 batch to a good boil. It's good and bad. It does get to a good boil, but it takes a while. The good thing is it is impossible for me to boil over.

big supper said:
I am assuming that if I want to do a double batch, I can just double the recipe, and then split it as evenly as possible into 2 fermentors? Anything to watch out for?

I haven't done a 10g batch yet (but I will be soon), but yes, double everything and split it up into two fermenters.

Really it depends on what type (AG or Extract) and size boil if extract. I would sugest punching the numbers it to one of the homebrew programs out there and then locking the ingredients to the batch size and then double the batch size, with promash, every time that i have done that it just doubles everything. but you can also adust by a gallon or two if you need to add a little bit of volume for losses.

Cheers

Back