Interested in an Electric Kettle Set Up? Come on in....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what would be tight? If there was an element that had the plastic housing on the rear portion threaded so a pvc cap could thread onto THAT, rather than over the whole mating to the kettle. I wonder if you could use a die to create threads in the existing plastic, or how thick that plastic even is? That would cover the electrical connections but keep leaks outside as well.

So what's up with this? Can this not be an add-on for someone with, say, larger than normal pipes? :D
I'd be willing to silver solder a nut on the side of the coupling, but that isn't something I'm interested in doing for a 1 inch coupler. Pretty please?

So what's up with this? Can this not be an add-on for someone with, say, larger than normal pipes? :D
I'd be willing to silver solder a nut on the side of the coupling, but that isn't something I'm interested in doing for a 1 inch coupler. Pretty please?

Right now it's on the back burner. Let us look into the liability side and we'll get back to you guys. Sorry :/

Would be better to place the element connections on the inside of the box and let the element face make the seal. Attach the back of the element to the box. That way if there is a leak it won't be inside the box with the connections

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/show-us-your-element-housings-pots-how-did-you-do-212079/index2.html#post2506114

Hole needs to be 1" conduit punch or 1 & 3/8" wide I believe

Also, take a look at BoobyM's welding spuds and the silver soldering thread for the element connections to the kettle.
Good luck

Thanks for the link Dust. It's a hard point to sell but it's nice to see that someone gets it.

Good luck Spike. I hope you find a way to make it happen. If I were in your shoes, I would be on the horn with some element manufacturers.

Anyone on whether or not a die could cut threads in the element housing? Anyone have a fried element they'd be willing to try it on?

I still wonder if you could get away with offering a kettle that has a 1" NPS half coupler or spud welded into a side opening for the purchaser to use as s/he sees fit.

Thanks,
Keith

6/16/13: Bringing back this old thread... So we have 1" NPS (straight thread) couplers that will fit directly up with an element. No more jimmy rigging an element into a NPT tapered threaded coupler.

Pricing will be $35/coupler. That includes the half 1" NPS coupler which will be sanitary TIG welded into any size kettle we offer. Lead times for these custom kettles will be 1-2 weeks.

For inquires or purchasing please email [email protected].

:mug:

1NPS_1.jpg

1NPS_2.jpg

Ah. Come on! I just ordered and drilled a bunch of kettles. Well, hopefully others will take advantage of the time savings.

Good luck. I would definitely buy from you guys but I already pulled the trigger on a stout. Great you've finally been able to do this, I'll tell my other electrically inclined brewing friends.

Back