What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've played a little with 072 but it was before I had lab access, BdG is something I have been putting off for awhile. I've got so many projects going in the lab, mostly trying to perfect what I know is already quite good, I have to keep telling myself White labs wasn't built in a day. Keep me from spreading too thin too fast.

Well said on both counts. Don't over do it. Unless it's for me, in which case you should get on that 072 shiz pronto. Or at least bank it for me since it's seasonal and keeping something clean 9 months is stretching my capabilities.

Couple of grav samples.

Lighter one was an attempt at a brown saison with sorghum 'molasses' that I might have accidentally got ecy02 in so I just went ahead and added more. It's had
a ton of head space and no pellicle for 5 months, but other than being a touch acetic, it's pretty good for a saved mistake. Could probably bottle. I like it as well as Supplication, though I'm not a big fan. If I had more figs, I'd fig it up for sure.

Darker one is freakin good. Initial sweetness, roast in the nose. Great mouthfeel, and then a smack in the mouth of sour. It's getting blueberries tomorrow. I've probably got 4.5 gallons of this one so that should fit with 9-10 lbs of blueberries in a 6 gallon bb.

I've got tomorrow off and the lab is taken by a grad class so I plan to test some of my older beers then. I'm intrigued by the brown saison and how you accidentally get ecy02 in it.
Well said on both counts. Don't over do it. Unless it's for me, in which case you should get on that 072 shiz pronto. Or at least bank it for me since it's seasonal and keeping something clean 9 months is stretching my capabilities.

Is it available right now?

Edit: durrrr of course it's not, I know a really slow lhbs that might have some still though, I love old yeast, can get it half off, and culture it myself

I've got tomorrow off and the lab is taken by a grad class so I plan to test some of my older beers then. I'm intrigued by the brown saison and how you accidentally get ecy02 in it.

I think there was drunken wine thief sampling involved. Or it was just a bad recipe that came out tasting leathery/earthy with ecy03 and I tossed some in. If it was dirty, that's my only cross contamination out of 65 brews so far.

Ladies and gentleman, I have lost a dear friend of mine. Though he may be gone, he will always be remembered and he will always be with me in spirit. Toasting his memory with a Critical Mass Imperial Red.

Untitled by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Untitled by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

So sorry. In lieu of the lost friend, I shall salute with a glass of the 'Bot. I need more of this.

image-3563310798.jpg

Yes cans. Why?

View attachment 153891

Gabe's Blackberry Berliner. Beautiful color, tartness is dead on the money. Another one of Gabe's beers that I would buy on a regular basis. Great job.

Thanks! Now if I could just get my schnitz together on carbonation. That one looks a little flat, most of that side of the batch has been good.

I'm having a wheat wine. Promised the mrs sausage gravy at 5 am so it's almost nap time. Gonna be a good day. Run 5 miles of hard trail early and then cut deadfall for a couple hours, try and squeeze in a brew while I play house wife and then my homebrew club meeting. :drunk:

Having a Heineken. I picked up a sixxer to test my taste buds. Yep, still crappy! I'm glad I have a few home brews to wash the taste out! Next up, Prairie Standard, followed by sleep...

'Bout to go grab some coughee as I prepare to head to the airport later today and spend another two weeks in OKC. I've thought about learning how to fly and become a pilot for a long time. Since I was in grade school. But I'm wondering if trading one profession for another for about the same pay would be worth it?

'Bout to go grab some coughee as I prepare to head to the airport later today and spend another two weeks in OKC. I've thought about learning how to fly and become a pilot for a long time. Since I was in grade school. But I'm wondering if trading one profession for another for about the same pay would be worth it?

If you enjoy doing it, yes.

Black tea here.

Living in a time of inconvenience, in an inconvient time.

That's just a warning shot!

More LOTM, just got a text from a friend who's opinion I respect greatly, saying 'that LOTM would be legendary if you could consistently produce it on a commercial basis' :D

More like a flesh wound ouch! :p

Channel66 said:
If you enjoy doing it, yes.

Black tea here.

Not sure if I would enjoy doing it for a living. That's not really a job you just try out for a few months to see if you like it! There's a slight bit of a commitment there! Ah well. Maybe some day.

On the coffee. Sailor Jerry's followed by 16yr Scotch last night has me running a little slow this morning.

Nice! I would rather have the Blind Pig. I like it a lot more than the Pliny. Thats a heck of a list there to choose from.

As for me, Vodka/ Tonic with dinner. Its spicy and I dont really have any beers for spicy foods.

I'm with you. I enjoy Pliny, but prefer Blind Pig.

Very nice. Wish I could get my hands on one. I'm sure it will be all gone by the time I make my way into town.

Yes it probably will be out. The hype for this stuff is absolutely insane. Spec's down town sold out in 30mins and i'm sure they got a big shipment. Houston is so thirsty for some great beer and it sells out instantly. I'll bet when i go to Austin in a few weeks they will be sitting on the shelves. When your down, lety me know we can spit a bottle/ find it on tap somewhere.:rockin:

Yes it probably will be out. The hype for this stuff is absolutely insane. Spec's down town sold out in 30mins and i'm sure they got a big shipment. Houston is so thirsty for some great beer and it sells out instantly. I'll bet when i go to Austin in a few weeks they will be sitting on the shelves. When your down, lety me know we can spit a bottle/ find it on tap somewhere.:rockin:

Nice. I believe there was mention a while back of you, me, and Wes getting together for a HB share.

nukebrewer said:
Very nice. Wish I could get my hands on one. I'm sure it will be all gone by the time I make my way into town.

Just like DisturbdChemist said, Houston has become crazy for special releases. Things go so quick now that if you don't go searching the day it's released, you might not get any.
When are you going to be in town?

Latest posts

Back