Breweries to visit on way from Texas to Missouri?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hinke

Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody know of any good breweries that gives tours or have tasting on the way from Austin, TX to Missouri?

Thanks.

Franconia Brewery is in McKinney, north of Dallas on 75. They only do tours on Saturdays at 11am.

There is also Rahr Brewery in Fort Worth just south of downtown. They have an open house on Saturdays from 1-3.

I think Real Ale is somewhere not too far from Austin but I forget where.

I live in OK and there are more and more breweries popping up but unfortunately with our whack laws here breweries can not do "tours" per se but at the same time I have had most of them open the doors to me if you let them know you are "coming by." COOP Ale Works is a fast growing brewery here in OKC that is worth a visit. Not sure what route you are going but Marshall Brewing Co in Tulsa is another good one. Bricktown Brewery as FlyinBrewer suggested is alright. Last I checked, in OK "Brew Pubs" can't serve beer over 3.2 ABV so they are a bit limited there. Battered Boar is another one that is relatively small and located in Edmond, OK (north of OKC). Choc is a pretty well established brewery too in NE OK.

Real Ale is in Blanco. They do tours on the weekend. And their beers are amazing! If they have any Devil's Backbone left be sure to try it!

Jester King just opened in Austin. I don't know if they're doing tours yet. But they're supposedly a traditional farmhouse brewery.

The Rahr beers are underwhelming. But the owner Fritz is really nice and gives a great tour. Even though his beers are kind of lame, he's so nice he will convince you that they're some of the best you've ever had.

Also you can come to the Apathetic Brewing Co. in Lorena Texas. It's located in the largest closet in my house.

If you're going to Kansas City, make sure take the tour at Boulevard Brewery.

Tallgrass has some amazing beers! Their Oasis (ESB) is my favorite beer. Plus, they can all their beers in 16oz, so you can take some with you, not worrying about breaking them.

Back