PLINY THE ELDER for your CVCA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalHB

Reaction score
I live in Santa Rosa, Ca and can get the elder at the store right by my house. I REALLLLLY want to try a carmel vanilla cream ale and am looking to trade someone a PTE for a CVCA... If you have a CVCA, let me know and we can set up a trade.

Brian

I dont know of any brewery that makes it.. except for the guys and gals I have read on here that make it.

Why not just brew a small 2.5-3 gallon batch of the CCVA so if you don't like it, you're not dealing with 5 gallons?

By the time you buy teh pliny and pay for shipping, you could brew a small batch, If you don't like it, you're not out anymore than swapping 1 for 1. If you like it, you have more :)

I already have a PtE in the fridge right now.. so all im paying for is shipping. What, maybe 8 bucks? I dont know.. it makes sense to me to try one bottle before I even make a half batch.. and plus, im helping somone who probably has never had the chance to try the elder. I get where your coming from, however.

Try a 1-gallon brew! You dont get much in yield vs. time spent on it, but you'll end up with 10-15 bottles of experimental ale, versus 40-50 (even if I liked this vanilla cream ale, I don't think I could drink two cases of it).

Oh...oh god...oh god no.

On a related note, I have some 1948 Rochefort 12 that I'd like to trade for some Apfelwein. PM my full inbox for deets!

So you're saying you gots some CVCACACVCA? Westy 12 onna way if you can produce, yo!

I hear its made with that nottingham, that notty, that nottingham, its that nottingham!!! Thats whats up!.........ok I'm done now:mug:

Latest posts

Back