Should I rack this to the Secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I did a not so blond ale that had a Krausen explosion. It has been in the primary for almost a week. If you look at the pic you can see what it looks like. I am thinking of racking to the secondary because the result of the Kraussen has not fallen. Thoughts? This pic is from Monday. I swapped out the airlock with a clean one.

Holy Kraussen1.jpg

My brown didn't fall until just a few days ago, and it'll be 2 weeks in primary tomorrow. Give 'er some time.

Thanks for the info. I was more worried about funkiness if it were to dry out in the carboy. There is probably enough moisture in the carboy to prevent that. The Kraussen is stuck to the walls of the carboy. IT does not look like it is going to fall. I generally do 2 weeks in the primary minimum. It is a 6.5g carboy and I have never had a Kraussen explosion before. It is kinda cool and very messy, but the spillage was contained to the blanket and the floor. I cannot imagine how much fun it would be to clean exploded yeast from the ceiling of a closet.

I guess I just needed validation:mug:

Sorry about that i posted and then realized i had been gone for a bit and you had the replies you needed. Nothing further to comment.

Latest posts

Back