Political Threads / Religious Threads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Political Threads / Religious Threads

• Yes, Allow them.

• No, Do not allow them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the original discussion amongst the mods.
  • Keep the area distinct.
  • For paying members only.
  • Mod from a distance and intervene only when the big nasties get thrown about.
  • Keep a zero tolerance for these discussions elsewhere.

Kind of like a back room...or red zone...if you will.

Like I said, I'd be up for that.

Hm, a Red Zone. I like that name. Go with it! ;):D

I'll vouch for that. I was in the mod lodge cleaning the bathrooms when olllllo suggested it.

YOU GUYS HAVE YOUR OWN LODGE?

MAN.....You guys are like the coolest kids in the School! I want to be popular so bad that I'd do anything to be.....um....Wait....no....You guys are not that popular are you? At least you get your own lodge!

This was the original discussion amongst the mods.
  • Keep the area distinct.
  • For paying members only.
  • Mod from a distance and intervene only when the big nasties get thrown about.
  • Keep a zero tolerance for these discussions elsewhere.

Kind of like a back room...or red zone...if you will.

I think this is a good compromise. Those that want to enter, can, - those that don't, won't.

The funny thing is: this topic has probably gotten more heated discussion than most of the others.

Suggestion for description line under Red Zone forum:

"This ain't no pink doily, tea party, underpantsy kind of place!"

Does anybody else think that we should be ashamed of ourselves that during normal work hours this topic was "en fuego" but as soon as work hours end we have like 3 posts?

At least I'm not the only one! :mug:

Mod lodge, huh? I can just see it. A couple of them sitting and staring at each other, afraid to speak, a couple more running around dumping flower vases and urinating in the corner, the one creepy guy who never comes out of the bathroom....

:D Oh, I'm so banned.

Does anybody else think that we should be ashamed of ourselves that during normal work hours this topic was "en fuego" but as soon as work hours end we have like 3 posts?

At least I'm not the only one!
I took a few days off to burn up my final vacation days. In theory, I've been cleaning my shop; at least, that was the plan.

Rick

Mod lodge, huh? I can just see it. A couple of them sitting and staring at each other, afraid to speak, a couple more running around dumping flower vases and urinating in the corner, the one creepy guy who never comes out of the bathroom....

:D Oh, I'm so banned.

Well, I'm pretty sure you don't mean ME. I am not afraid to speak, and I can assure you that I would have difficulty urinating in the corner. Unless, you think I'm the creepy guy...........I WOULD make a good creepy guy, I guess.

Thanks for the input everyone. Since it’s an election year political topics seem to be increasing and I’ve noticed the tension from them between certain users have continued in brewing threads as a result of heated OT debates. First and foremost this is a home brewing forum so I really don’t want that trend to continue and pollute the core of this forum.

When we first started we had a strict no political/religious thread policy, which I stopped fairly recently as I enjoy reading those threads and sometimes joining in on. I’m trying to stop though as having Staff in these topics tends not to work so well.

I think a great compromise is a private forum to discuss divisive topics and for those who can’t keep their cool and remain civil then their access can be removed from that forum.

At the same time I want to keep all heated debates in this forum and absolutely none in any other forum.

I had an issue when I first joined HBT with a political statement I made and it bothered me quite a bit. Now I think the place is better without politics being discussed. I guess I can live with it if it is limited to a specific forum but I am still not crazy about it. I've decided that I will not get into any religious or political discussions. It just isn't what I come here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back