Hopstopper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidkrau

Reaction score
RichBrewer and I are both interested in how the Hopstopper works. Why is it any better than a fine mesh nylon hop bag?

I just got my hopstopper this week. Can't wait to drain a keg so that I can give it a try. I think that when I do brew again I will do a little ceremonial burning of the hop bags while I am draining out the wort.

looks real nice but i'm careful with my coin
i have real good success with putting my sanitized nylon straining bag over my wort chiller after cooling the wort.
i lower it into the wort and syphon from inside it.
all the hops and trub stay on the outside of the bag and the wort going into the fermenter is as clear as that shown with the hop stopper

rod said:
looks real nice but i'm careful with my coin
i have real good success with putting my sanitized nylon straining bag over my wort chiller after cooling the wort.
i lower it into the wort and syphon from inside it.
all the hops and trub stay on the outside of the bag and the wort going into the fermenter is as clear as that shown with the hop stopper

:off: say wha? do you have a pic of that 'system'?

im shopping around right now for a 10 gallon kettle, and im opting for a spigot-less one. that hop-stopper thing looks awesome but i rather not use a spigot, 3- tiered system and what not...

sorry bout the hijack...

Bjorn Borg said:
:off: say wha? do you have a pic of that 'system'?

basically i use the copper wort chiller as a frame to hold the nylon bag open
lower it into the cooled bucket of wort and syphon from inside it.
the bag keeps the trub/hops on the outside of the chiller letting clear wort in the centre to syphon.
sorry - no picture my digital camera was stolen last year in a break-in and i haven't replaced it yet

Back