Bottling from keg for competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otter

Reaction score
I've bottled a few IPA's from my keg, and I was interested in sending them in to a competition. I used the BMBF and am pretty happy overall with the carbonation level and all. My one concern is that I've left the bottles in the kegerator since filling them. Should I be concerned about the bottles warming up when I send them to the competition, and the temperature change affecting the flavor?

I know that other beers have tasted horrible after they've gone from being chilled to warm and back cold again.

Thanks,

Otter

I would not worry to much. They were cold in the keg to begin with so, well, there ain't much you can do about it. That is a hard part about sending a beer out into the world. You cannot protect it from the cruel world.

It is out there, on its own. You try and raise them right, but then, well, there comes a time you just have to let go.

;)

Ya...I don't think it should effect it much...mostly, Light is the culprit in killing beer...or searing hot temps. This time of year, a well packed bottle should get to the competition with litt or no damage.

Back