GOD I LOVE Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recap of my last 5 days.

I get a lay-off 2 minutes before I'm to punch out on Friday. The foreman tells me two weeks, but the paperwork says 6.
I filed for unenjoyment, the first time in my life (I'm about to turn 34)
I have sent out a resume to like 10 places in the last 5 days.
I now make about 60% less per week.
With every week that passes I will get deeper in debt and if it goes to long will start falling behind.
I go to my shop today to work on my fermenters that I'm building (need to get it done before I don''t have accesses to the equipment that I need)
I walk in there at 12:15pm and half the lights are off (trying to save money) there is one die maker and 4 apprentice working in the shop and just two guys in my office (we were a 75 man shop). Those two are just cleaning and filing everything.
I was then told by my foreman (one of the two in the office) that they just landed 5 dies for a customer out of Ohio and the president of the company has already farmed the designs out to a outside design house (this means no wok for me).
The president cares more about the other company's emploies then his own.
I'm training for a marathon so I have a lot of pain in my body but I'm fighting some pain in my one ankle that should not be there.
I have skipped two runs this week totaling 13 miles and I have to run 16 miles Saturday (not sure how the ankle is going to like that) I'm not a happy man....

Then I come home from the gym after a somewhat painfull 7 mile run by myself because no one in my group (I lead a group of runners, 60 of them) showed up.. Damn pussies can't handle a little coled (25*F)..

Well 48 oz of Apfelwein later (working on 64) and things are looking damn good.

I getting 10+ hours of sleep.
My dogs are not getting locked up every morning.
I'm getting the house clean (damn I can make a mess)
I have time to do what I want and when ever I want to do it.
Will be going to the gym with my Dad tomorrow (only see him like once a month and he only lives 1.5 miles a way)
I can surf the net and not feel bad about it.

I'm telling you, a guy could get used to this not working stuff. :D

GOD I LOVE Apfelwein, it makes things seem so much better.....

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Glad to hear about the love of Apfelwein. Good luck in all things from here.

Back