Cooper's yeast in an Oktoberfest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jldc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My sister gave me a late Christmas gift of a beer kit made up by a LHBS (from where she lives, not where I live).

It's for what looks like a very nice Marzen with extracts, grains to steep and hops. It came with Cooper's yeast. I know that this isn't a lager yeast, but I have heard bad things about Cooper's. I don't have a place to lager anyway.

So, should I use the Cooper's, or should I try something else? I have Nottingham around, would it be better?

I made an octoberfest style with Safale S-04 last summer and it worked out really well

My sister gave me a late Christmas gift of a beer kit made up by a LHBS (from where she lives, not where I live).

It's for what looks like a very nice Marzen with extracts, grains to steep and hops. It came with Cooper's yeast. I know that this isn't a lager yeast, but I have heard bad things about Cooper's. I don't have a place to lager anyway.

So, should I use the Cooper's, or should I try something else? I have Nottingham around, would it be better?

Coopers yeast will work well. It is a very consistent yeast.

Back