Blow off system! Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMU_Alumn08

Reaction score
What's the best way to do a blow off system-my head/kraussen is creeping up close to the air lock! I have an orange cap with two little neck things to put the air lock and a blow off tube into a bucket of water: should i just use the blow off tube and no airlock or use both?! QUICK! :) Thanks.

i would attach a three foot (at least) tube to the slanted neck, once you have the other end in a glass of water and vodka (for example) take the air lock off the other neck and put a cap on it. set the glass next to your container on the floor...

be sure to sanitize properly...

thanks. its done but the only tubing i have is about 4 ft. i sanitized everything and ran it into some water i boiled. in a matter of minutes it was travelling up the neck of my betterbottle.

You can also just take the air lock off, and put the tube into the hole in the top of the fermenter bucket. Then just put the tube into a jug of water. A growler works good. This is what I do, and it works fine.

Back