How much does your LHBS charge for reconditioned cornelius kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chello

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity? I just called the two closest local brew shops and their price for reconditioned 5 gallon corny's was $37.

How about yours?

Hrmmm, I only get the used ones, but they are 19-25 depending on how many you buy.

My LHBS doesn't sell any kegging equipment, but when I drive an hour to Northern Brewer, they want $35 for a reconditioned keg.

55$ used

155$ New

I was there yesterday. Most things seem decent priced except for a 15 gal plastic conical fermenter was 399$

They only have a few, and are asking like $50 to $65 for rough looking unrefurbished kegs. For some reason, one just doesn't see many around here.

Mine sells Ball-lock kegs for $28-$32, depending on whether or not you want the seal kit with it. They've all been in excellent shape except for one I got with a slightly bent post. I told them about it, and they gave me a pair of new posts for free.

jezter6 said:
$35 for reconditioned. $30 for the DIY model.

Flying Barrel charges the same thing. (You visit there, you're sort of close enough) $35 for a clean, sanitized and pressure tested. $30 for a pressure tested keg with new rings and (if needed) poppets. There's friendly admonishments for taking cleaned ones. :)

In Boston I have a guy who sells them for $25, but you need to replace all the O rings yourself. He sells the O rings for $2 for an entire set, so not a bad deal if you have an hour to dissasemble and scrub a keg.

Kai said:
~35 CAD, I believe? That'll be slightly more in American dollars. ;)

So how does it feel to have currency with a higher value than ours these days? Do you like to gloat much? O well at least I am not paying extra for books... :D

$30 for a nice one. He buys them by the pallet load and only re-conditions the pretty ones. The rest, he prices on whether they hold pressure.

According to the website,
5 Gallon Used Cornelius Kegs .....$40.00

Usually his website is wrong tho.

$70 used ones that have had nothing done to them. I bought from kegconnection.com instead. Even with the crazy shipping cost it was cheaper.

Kal

$32 washed. it's right at that price point where i'd do better if i looked around on eBay, but it's cheap enough that i'll buy one if it's shiny, undented, and is actually corny brand.

that brings up a slightly off topic question. who buys only 1 brand of keg, and who takes whatever they get. i bought 3 to start with at LHBS, and returned 1 for exchange because it was spartan brand, not corny. i don't have anything for or against any particular brand, but the other 2 were corny brand and i figured it'd be better to have one brand because the replacement parts are different.

Lincoln, NE

NOT reconditioned, runs $40...they aren't clean, need new o-rings, but ARE pressure tested.

He had some for $30 that were dug out of a scrap yard...un-tested, and clumps of dirt still stuck to them.

Would I get yelled at if my LBH has them 4 for $70 and they come with new o-ring kits? Haven't seen them yet but I am going to pick up a 4 pack in the next week or so. They are Corny pin lock kegs.

$125,000.00.......for 7 unreconditioned and not tested till we did it ourselves.
Yup, I know it was a little steep but they came with 2.75 acres and a caved in roof on and old bar in Montana and one of it's premier trout streams. I think we got screwed after reading what you guys are paying. BTW, guess I should mention the 6 20lb CO2 tanks that came with them and 1 7gal keg in mint condition

Back