Homebrew Wednesday Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, sjporr here from YouTubes Homebrew Wednesday. I must admitt some of these comments are as funny as some of the comments I get on my video's. It's great to see Homebrew Wednesday branching out to different forums. It's really just another way to share ideas for homebrew and homebrewing. And a place to gather along with other fellow homebrewers and enjoy a brew. Hope to see you all join along, its great fun!
Cheers everyone and by all means
Enjoy The Fruits Of Your Labor And Brew Beer!!!

Hello everyone, sjporr here from YouTubes Homebrew Wednesday. I must admitt some of these comments are as funny as some of the comments I get on my video's. It's great to see Homebrew Wednesday branching out to different forums. It's really just another way to share ideas for homebrew and homebrewing. And a place to gather along with other fellow homebrewers and enjoy a brew. Hope to see you all join along, its great fun!
Cheers everyone and by all means
Enjoy The Fruits Of Your Labor And Brew Beer!!!

Sjporr is the man! For those of you who don't know this is the guy who started it all. He made the very first Home Brew Wednesday video ever and coined the actual term.

Since starting this thread and getting mixed responses, I've sent messages to members of the youtube community to see which of them actually post on this forum and have found that the majority do post links to their HBW videos, just not on here; on another forum. I've decided that from now on I'll be posting my HBW vids there, since the interest here seems to be somewhat lacking. That's not to say I'm going to quit posting here altogether. One of the main reasons I joined this forum was because I followed my youtube traffic to embeds other users were posting on here of my videos. So obviously there is some interest. Not to mention this is probably one of the best sources of brewing related information out there. However, it doesn't seem like The HBT and HBW communities really mesh well.

There really is no negative sentiment here that I can see. People embed their youtube videos here all the time and they are well received 99% of the time. What you saw here was described by Revvy yesterday. Your incredulity that the HBW meme, which is isolated to Youtube and pretty new at that, hasn't caught on around here is what people are reacting to. If you would have just posted your videos without all the extra commentary, it would be dandy. As I said earlier, HBW is basically a weekly homebrew video club and I appreciate what it is. It's just not for me as a content maker. I guess it's one way to find similar content but youtube's keyword system is pretty good at that already. I'm also subscribed to all the video makers that I want to see on a regular basis so tagging vids with HBW doesn't get them to my eyes any faster.

It's hard for me to believe that nobody else is making these... Anyway here's my latest installment.
= My one and only incredulous statement.

I'm not upset or anything, it's just a weird assortment of responses. I guess the lesson I've learned is to not try and sell apples at an orange stand. I grossly overestimated the overlap between the two communities.

I guess the lesson I've learned is to not try and sell apples at an orange stand. I grossly overestimated the overlap between the two communities.

I, for one, am glad you posted here. I had no idea that this was even a thing and will probably start checking it out thanks you your thread here. Hell, I even brew on Wednesdays mostly, so it totally fits!

I make brewing videos. In fact, I've been doing it since 2007 but I never caught on the HBW thing because I don't like the idea of a schedule because it would make it a lot less fun and organic.

When's the next one Bobby? Seriously, I've always enjoyed the videos and your camlock videos are what led me to purchase a set a while back from my system.

Homebrew Wednesday Root Beer is brewed, mini fermented and will be cold crashing overnight. That's six hours worth of krausen you are looking at there. 1tsp of S-05.

Alcoholic root beer Sir? I like the cut of your jib!

hey I post videos for homebrew wednesday...it's a good place to see what other people are brewing, perhaps get some tips or ideas and it's basically like calling each other up on the phone to just say " hi, howya doing " !
We also do reviews of each others beers, or meet up if someone is close enough and then they might go brewpub hopping.
Shoutout to SJ Porr for starting homebrew wednesday.

besides, where else can you make videos of yourself, doing what you love AND get paid for it...
Google Adsense FTW!!
LOL

hey I post videos for homebrew wednesday...it's a good place to see what other people are brewing, perhaps get some tips or ideas and it's basically like calling each other up on the phone to just say " hi, howya doing " !
We also do reviews of each others beers, or meet up if someone is close enough and then they might go brewpub hopping.
Shoutout to SJ Porr for starting homebrew wednesday.

besides, where else can you make videos of yourself, doing what you love AND get paid for it...
Google Adsense FTW!!
LOL

Alright Bmeyer! Glad to see you found this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing you try your cherry wheat.

Let's all do a real time brew day video on uStream. If you have an Iphone or Android it would be easy. If you have sufficient desktop resolution, you can view several dozen of us brewing in real time at the same time.

Clothing is optional for the ladies.

Let's all do a real time brew day video on uStream. If you have an Iphone or Android it would be easy. If you have sufficient desktop resolution, you can view several dozen of us brewing in real time at the same time.

Clothing is optional for the ladies.

Now you're getting it! It's all about community. Several YouTubers have already live casted their brewdays (CraigTube, Hockyplr, Hattrick364, etc.). Many of us have had conversations/brewdays on oovoo or Google Plus.

If you want to see the HBW videos each week, just search YouTube for "homebrew wednesday, this week", and sort by Upload Date.

For those of you who don't know, YouTube has served as a community for homebrewers for some time now. In the old days there weren't many people making videos (CraigTube, Bobby_M, JakeCPUNut, Steeljan, etc). People would demonstrate how to make beer, talk about their tips, or just talk about their brewing in a vlog sort of manner for the sake of discussion. It really isn't much different than this forum, it's just a little more personal.

A little over a year ago, Youtube and HBT user Sjporr just kind of shot an idea out there, and that was Homebrew Wednesday, a day where homebrewers could upload whatever video they wanted that related to homebrew. The idea caught on after HokieHomebrew on YouTube responded as well as a few others. Homebrewers who followed Craig or JakeCPUNut or whoever started coming out of the woodwork and joining in. Some people come and go, but new people make a video every week.

The last year of HBW has actually been quite incredible. The YouTube community functions almost like a club. We've done several experiments together, gifted beers to each other, and met some wonderful people. The last HokieHomebrew experiment was a yeast experiment involving 20 people. I got to taste 20 different English yeasts in the same recipe (brewing practices and water aside)!

HBW is not for every homebrewer or even ever homebrewer that posts videos on YouTube. No one is going to get their feelings hurt if people choose not to watch or if people don't join in. But it has encouraged a wealth of information and a connection with other brewers around the world that has improved my brewing experience.

Cheers,
Dan

Hey, Dan! Good to see you here.

I started with youtube for my horror writing, putting up a couple cheapo book trailers and readings. I then experimented with a couple beer reviews, but I sucked at that, and was ready to stop making videos when I stumbled on the whole HBW thing.

I had no idea what the deal was, but I quickly realized above all else, it's about community, just like it is here. Over the course of a couple weeks I had homebrew trade offers, help with problems, and recipe swaps.

I don't always make an HBW video, and I don't necessarily post every week, but it's a hell of a good time, and just another layer to the hobby. :ban:

Back