Regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joety

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been scouring Craig's list and Ebay for used regulators in an effort to reduce the amount of moving back and forth I have to do with my existing single regulator setup. I have a couple extra CO2 tanks already, just need the regulator.

Regulators identified as CO2 regulators seem to command a premium price even used, whereas, I see dual guage oxygen regulators going for half that. I notice on some models the CO2 line pressure (vs tank pressure) only goes up to 30 psi, but I can work around that as my other unit goes much higher. Does anyone know why I couldn't get this to work with the right fittings?

IIRC, the O2 regulators actually work differently. IIRC, the pressures are different between gases.

But, I have yet to find any compelling evidence that a welding regulator for CO2 is any different than a "Beverage (Beer or Soda)" regulator except that the guage limit standards are different. It's pretty easy to change a guage tho'. And some welding regs can be had for cheap.

I'm currently using an O2 regulator. With the right fitting going to the tank, it works just fine for me. I get a little bit of pressure creep, but I'm starting to suspect that's just from age.

Latest posts

Back