Looking for Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorpoet

Reaction score
There is a thread on this site somwhere that has various people giving out url's to many, many topics that we can use for our brewing. I am looking specifically for the one that talked about a brew pot and the conversion of gallons to inches, etc. I would love to earmark the entire thread, so if you know where it is on this site, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Do you have the exact same brew pot? If not, the calculations are useless. Most of us just use a piece of wood (with no chemicals in it) and notch gallon marks in it.

That's not quite what I was wanting...I have sticks with measurements. Somewhere on this site is a listing of many urls with tons of information that also included, depending on the particular pot, a conversion for gals/inches. I have a pot that has inches on it and wanted to know...thanks anyway.

Again: the diameter of the pot will entirely determine that. I took a gallon jug and a measuring tap: boom, there you go (for me it was 1/25"/gal).

Then I got a sightglass because f that.

I understand what you want, though. A formula to hopefully help you determine it without measuring. The thing is, not all pots will be exactly accurate (flat bottom or no, etc) and in the end the amount of time it's taken for you to ask and clarify, and then us to look (I did look around a bit) is greater than what it'd take you to fill your pot and measure yourself. I'd do at least 3-4 gallons and measure each time to see if the number changes.

This guy could possibly have the EXACT pot the post was referring to. This is something I hate about web forums in general (and I own one). If you don't have the answer to the guys post, or you can't help him find what he wants, DON'T ANSWER! His original post states

one that talked about a brew pot and the conversion of gallons to inches

He most likely has the brew pot in the link.

Sorry warriorpoet, I don't know of the thread you refer to.

Back