Favorite music while drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcom579

Reaction score
So i was curious to know what everyones top 5 favorite bands was to listen to while drinking?
1. Counting crows
2. O.A.R
3. Pennywise
4. Offspring
5. ACDC

Really Depends:
Happy:

Rage against the machine
Kool Mo Dee
Beastie Boys
Billy Joel
Drowning Pool

Bad mood:

The Cure
Morrisey
The Smiths
Tears for Fears
Counting Crows

I also like the Yeasty...I mean Beastie Boys...Disturbed....Linkin Park. But most of the time I'll listen to the Brewing Network since I usually don't sit for hours and listen to them.

Grateful Dead
Led Zeppelin
Martin Sexton
Any Celtic rock
Dispatch

I'll throw Widespread Panic and String Cheese Incident into the mix

tom petty
acdc
kid rock
skynyrd
zz top
anything else I can sing along to.
Some of the best drinking songs are country :D

Any New Wave of Brazillian / American Thrash, British Crust/ Thrash, Portuguese Black Metal, Japanese Raw BM, Dutch Underground Black Metal, Russian Raw BM, New wave of Scandinavian Thrash, Proto-Black from the 80's, Chilean / Colombian Thrash Metal, Most Black/Thrash or Drony Stoner Doom band.

Any artist with the first name of Hank, Johnny, Willie, Merle, ...

OK, any classic country artist and

OOOH some Ernest Tubb sounds good right now. :cross:

1.Septic Death
2.Pantera
3.The Accused
4.Zeke
5.Slayer

But I also like to chill to Morphine and Grant Lee Phillips as well. It's hard to narrow down to 5 bands. Mahler, Chopin, and Wagner are also favs for throwing back a few.

Radiohead, Air, Thievery Corp, Ursula 3000, Booka Shade, Sigur Ros, Frou Frou, flaming lips, scissor sisters, bowie, talking heads, Kruder and Dorfmeister, fugiya miagi, coldplay, gorillaz, the killers,beck, daft punk, massive attack, moby, mylo, hot chip, Floyd, etc... that's all I can think of off the top of me head. I also, really like celtic music every once in a while Gaelic Storm tops my list there.

logo_opeth.jpg

they're good for EVERY occasion!!!:ban:

An updated list:

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Great Big Sea
Flogging Molly
Yonder Mountain String Band
Cornmeal
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Vic Wooten
Bruce Springsteen (especially the Seeger Sessions)

Ozric Tentacles
Black Mountain
Pink Floyd
King Crimson
Radiohead
Velvet Underground
AC/DC
Sonic Youth
ELP, but only through Brain Salad Surgery

Hank Williams
Hank III
Pantera
AC/DC
Brownie McGhee

Kinda all over page huh? just depends on my mood. Like a lot of alt country, good blues, hard rock, or whatever floats my boat at that particular time ;)

Back