eastern new mexico/west texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hows it going bro just got stationed out here at cannon....808?? from hawaii???

Nice I was stationed at Hickam for four years, awesome assignment. Find anyone else in the local area that brews. I hear there are few that home brew, I just got in in Nov 2012.

Muleshoe home brewer here. It seems that we are few and far between out here. Nice to know there's a couple other people who appreciate good beer near by.

I'm the founder of CARB. We haven't done much with it due to some problems we have ran into, wont go into details but were trying to work out where were going to do the meetings. It was going to be At the brewpub in Portalas. I'm stationed at Cannon as well. I think we will prob have our first meet at my house one weekend here very soon.

Nice to hear that we will be getting this going! I've been the one who has been growing and posting pictures of my hop plants on facebook. Just keep me updated as to when the meet up will happen!

Cool! Yeah I'd like to know, too. I checked out the brewpub in Portales for the first time this week. Good food, decent beer. My wife liked the brown ale and stout. I liked the fresh IPA.

hey sorry about not getting back to you guys sooner! the forum isn't sending me updates like it should...
Ill post up some better pictures of the plants tomorrow, but as of right now my columbus is going crazy, the rest are struggling after all the hail we have been getting down in portales

That's amazing that you can grow hops well at our latitude. I don't have Facebook, so can't see the pics. All I can grow in this drought and heat are squash, okra, and a few tomatoes, lol.

I cant believe you got them to grow! I tried growing Centennial last year and as soon as it came through the ground the sun decided to bake it dry! Ill have to check them out one day.

Back